"Moose in Kiribati" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiribati by Backpackermoose

Kiribati Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 213 photos

Butaritari airport

My mom stole this picture to use it as her member picture :-( I shall tell her to change it, cause this is MY picture! The fan she is holding is made by a woman we met, she made it from leaves on the pandanus tree. It was very nice of her to give it to us, cause my fur is made for cold norwegian winters, and not for warm days on equator!

School

On this picture I am very tired, cause I had been telling these school kids all about Norway and the big forest where I was born. They had never seen a real forest, just palm trees and pandanus trees, and they had never seen a moose before, either. But they had seen mountains and snow on pictures.

Sunset on Butaritari

I took this picture of the sunset from our cabin on Butaritari, isn't it beautiful?

Hm, now you are going to think that Butaritari was the only place in Kiribati i was, I shall have to write some tips to prove that I have been to some other places too!

• Pros:Palm tree leaves taste good!
  • Cons:A bit hot for a moose
  • In a nutshell:No cars to be afraid of, except on Tarawa.
  • Last visit to Kiribati: Nov 2001
  • Intro Updated Oct 12, 2005

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 7:23 PM

very fun Elge - and you do a nice Kiribati and a prof as well Elge

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 12:42 PM

Baby you are on, will forward mum my addy

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2006 at 7:43 PM

Hi Elge, sorry Moose, Kiribati looks great. Hope you enjoyed yourself there away from the big forest. fergy.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Looks like you had a great time here Elge, but doesn't look like there were any trains for your Mum to enjoy ... ;)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 4:31 PM

A long way to travel for a little moose :).

• littlescrappy's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 2:39 PM

Tell your Mom to stop pinching your pics

• monkeymoments's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2005 at 12:47 PM

wow, snorkelling! thats sounds great :-)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 2:18 PM

Great meeting you through your pages Elge!! Keep traveling ... and keep playing with trains too :)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 7:14 AM

Very cute! We're looking forward to much more from our moose-cousin. Leyle and the other camels

• Rusket's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 7:14 PM

No, Elge, I cannot give you a million ratings, that would not be right, since we are members of the same family and visited Kiribati together!

Backpackermoose

“Seeing the world from the top of my mom's backpack”

Badges & Stats in Kiribati

Have you been to Kiribati?

Latest Activity in Kiribati