"Richmond" Richmond by wenterskye

Richmond Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 273 photos

Hopefully I will get some pictures up this week of my new hometown. I am originally from Nashville, lived a few years in the northeast, and am now settled into Richmond. I haven't been here very long but already I like the place. It is nicely situated between Lexington (diversity in shopping and restaurants) and Berea (folksy) so it serves as middle ground. I'll try to do reviews as I visit places that I like, although I can't guarantee that my reviews will be unbiased, accurate, or even helpful. I WILL, however, use my own words and photographs.

About my photographs...I don't always take pictures of the things that people typically take pictures of when they are playing tourist. I like to take pictures that remind me of the place, event, etc. even if they don't represent (to other people) what the event or place is about. It's all relative, I suppose.

• Pros:Friendly people, nice atmosphere, and pleasant scenery.
  • Cons:I haven't found any so far!
  • Last visit to Richmond: Oct 2005
  • Intro Written Oct 17, 2005

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 2:15 AM

Happy birthday full of travel dreams. Enjoy it. Congratulations from Belgium.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2005 at 5:30 PM

Have you found a photographer yet? If not, send me an email and I can let you know of one that does it as a side job. She's retired now but still works occasionally. Really good.

• Little_Lou_Lou's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2005 at 9:02 AM

If you do give another try, avoid the calamari...Yuck! Theirs is certainly not the best!

wenterskye Lives Here!

wenterskye

“The older I get the more stars I need in my hotels!”

Badges & Stats in Richmond

Have you been to Richmond?

Latest Activity in Richmond