"CHARMING BERN" Top 5 Page for this destination Bern by hojasdehierba
Bern Travel Guide: 595 reviews and 1,830 photos
We did not stay in Bern, but in Basel. From Basel, we made a daytrip to Bern by train, which took us less than an hour. Unfortunately, the weather was not good (well, we expect bad weather, it was February), so the pictures of the city are not as good as they would be with a clear sky. However, Bern is a place which I would recommend everybody to visit. Well, the UNESCO recommends it too, so I am not very original.
No nos alojamos en Berna, sino en Basilea, desde donde hicimos un viaje de un dia a Berna en tren. Nos llevo menos de una hora. Desafortunadamente, el clima no era muy bueno (en realidad esperabamos mal tiempo, era febrero), asi que las fotos de la ciudad no son tan buenas como podrian serlo en un dia con el cielo despejado. Aun asi, Berna es un lugar que recomiendo visitar a todo el mundo. Bueno, en realidad, la UNESCO lo recomienda tambien, asi que no soy muy original.
If you are in a hurry and you have to restrain yourself to a few places, here is my choice:
1. Munster: Stained windows and Last Judgement are a blast. Don't miss them.
2. Bundeshaus: impressive powerful building.
3. Rathaus: I didn't have high expectations and I was nicely suprised. Beautiful, harmonical, interesting...
4. Paul Klee Zentrum: Both the outside and the inside are amazing... Only skip it if you hate modern art.
5. Zytglogge: One of Bern symbols. Its central location will allow you to give a look to some of the fountains as well.
For me, the most distinctive features of Bern are the fountains (brunnen) and the shopping arcades. The fountains are all around Old City and are both beautiful and bizarre. The arcades give shelter from bad weather and are unusually long. Its geographical location is peculiar too. It seems that river Aare curved itself to host the Aldtstadt (Old City)
Para mi, los rasgos mas distintivos de Berna son las fuentes (brunnen) y los soportales con tiendas. Las fuentes estan por toda la Ciudad Vieja y son bonitas y extranhas. Los soportales cobijan del mal tiempo y son desacostumbradamente largos. Su situacion geografica es peculiar tambien. Parece como si el rio Aare se curvase sobre si mismo para alojar a la Aldstadt (Zona Vieja)
- Pros:Beautiful town, easily walkable.
- In a nutshell:UNESCO made a good election with Bern
Although Bern is a very easy place to discover by walking, there are some places which you will have to go by tram: for... more travel advice
This simply serene and beautiful church was built over the ruins of Berchtold V first castle, the site where Bern was... more travel advice
hojasdehierba's Related Pages
Bern Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland's Capital"
- "CHARMING BERN"
- "Opera and cycling in Bern"
- "Berne the capital of Switzerland"
- "Lovely Bern"
- "Bern - The City with the Bears"
- "BERN CAPITAL OF SWITZERLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bern
- Hotels in Bern
- Transportation in Bern
- Nightlife in Bern
- Restaurants in Bern
- Shopping in Bern
- Warnings and Dangers in Bern
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bern
- 30 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bern?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bern
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bern Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Havana Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai 5 reviews, 7 photos