"BERLIN - A SURPRISE" Berlin by hojasdehierba
Berlin Travel Guide: 7,026 reviews and 15,898 photos
I admit that, at first, I was not interested in visiting Berlin. There were a lot of places that sounded more attractive for me. But my husband wished so badly to go there that I accepted the suggestion of spending a few days in Berlin at 2005 Easter. It was a memorable experience and, although I was not yet a Virtual Tourist at that time and thus I didnt collect properly many info, I will try to share my time there with you.
Debo reconocer que, en un principio, no estaba muy interesada en visitar Berlin. Habia muchos lugares que me sonaban mas atractivos. Pero mi marido tenia tantas ganas de ir que acepte la sugerencia de pasar unos dias en Semana Santa de 2005 alli. Fue una experiencia memorable y aunque no era todavia una Turista Virtual y por ello no recogi mucha informacion, intentare compartir mis dias alli con vosotros
Carnival of Cultures: 2-5 june 2006
The Carnival of Cultures is a reflection of Berlin cultural diversity. It brings together professional artists and amateurs, young and old. It is open towards new trends and styles in youth and minority culture. 440.000 immigrants from more than 180 countries live in the German capital. The Carnival is a unique opportunity for members of Berlin?s ethnic communities to make their cultures both traditional and modern visible to Berliners and visitors alike and to add their aesthetic vision to the capitals reputation as a vibrant and constantly changing metropolis.
Within only nine years, Berlins international summer carnival has developed into a top event on the German capitals cultural agenda.
For more info:
- Pros:Ambience, nice local people, reasonable prices, many things to do
- Cons:I only can speak a few words in German
- In a nutshell:Full of (recent) history.
This church is located in Karl-Liebknechtstrasse (Mitte). Marienkirche and Nikolaikirche are the oldest churches in... more travel advice
Charlottenburg Schloss (schloss means palace) is the biggest palace in Berlin. It was built as a summer residence for... more travel advice
hojasdehierba's Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 33 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bern Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 33 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Havana Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Óbidos Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai 5 reviews, 7 photos