"Delighted to be in Dubrovnik" Dubrovnik by monkeymoments
Dubrovnik Travel Guide: 1,822 reviews and 4,853 photos
This is an absolute gorgeous old walled town with a strong Venetian influence.
A good oversight is to start off with a walk around the walls to seee over the rooftops. Interesting to see new roofs with modern tiles adjacent to the old ones - much of the city had to be restored after the dreadful bombing it suffered.
You need lots of energy for this walk as there are lots of steps up and down - and we only have little legs!
Custom has it that if you stand on this strange looking face (its used to drain water out via a tube in its mouth) with your nose to the wall for a s long as you then its a test of your man(chimp)hood! Well we could have stayed there all day long if need be - its a piece of cake - but there was lots to see!
Talking of cake, all that sightseeing around Dubrovnik makes chimps thirsty and hungry. Lots of nice pavement cafes on the main street - the Stradum with its shiny marble floor - so you can rest whilst enjoying the views :-))
monkeymoments' Related Pages
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
- "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- "Dubrovnik - Ragusa"
- "Divine Dubrovnik"
- "Unavoidable Dubrovnik"
- "A Lovely Village Inside a Wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubrovnik
- Hotels in Dubrovnik
- Transportation in Dubrovnik
- Nightlife in Dubrovnik
- Restaurants in Dubrovnik
- Shopping in Dubrovnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubrovnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Dubrovnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubrovnik
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Lake District National Park Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 3 photos
- Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region Intro, 3 photos
- Cheshire Intro, 3 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 3 photos
- Mostar Intro, 3 photos
- Budva Intro, 3 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 2 photos