"Salcombe, South Devon" Salcombe by mart8777
Salcombe Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 46 photos
Have been visiting Salcombe for years, a great place for walks and views especially off season. In season if you book well ahead are the Regatta weeks. Two weeks when the town is packed full of the property owners and yachties and families. Go self catering is best in season. And perhaps Menzies Marine Hotel at off season prices and offers.
You need to be organised to visit the town as car parking is very limited and so are places to sleep. Originally the secret of this place was let out by TVs Cliff Mitchelmore of the BBC. But it is still low profile, great.
Good walks include walking from the town to South Sands and North Sands or take the ferry to East Portlemouth and walk... more travel advice
mart8777's Related Pages
Salcombe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A hidden gem!"
- "Salcombe South Devon"
- "Soar Mill Cove Hotel, Nr Salcombe,Devon UK"
- "A visit to Overbeck's"
- "salcombe boaters heartland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salcombe
- Hotels in Salcombe
- Transportation in Salcombe
- Restaurants in Salcombe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salcombe
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Salcombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salcombe
Photos in SalcombeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tintern Abbey Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Turkey Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Central Croatia Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Sogut Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bembridge Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Datca Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bodrum Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Salcombe Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue