"Sauvignon Capital of the World" Top 5 Page for this destination Blenheim by kiwilingous
Blenheim Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 71 photos
Blenheim is the place to locate yourself if you are either a golf or wine buff - or both!! The town is small and in the middle of New Zealand's best wine region (obviously that's a personal view - Martinborough & Queenstown are close runners up). The Sauvignon Blanc is stuff of legend around here.
With courses such as Fairhall and Rarangi (not really Blenheim) this area has some fantastic golfing real estate to choose from. Fairhall is in the middle of, you guesed it, vinyards and is a course of 2 quite different halves - one being hilly (from 9) and the other with a few streams (back 9). Rarangi has one of the warmest welcomes of any course in NZ. Both courses have outstanding greens and well manicured fairways.
- Pros:Wine, Food and Golf
- Cons:Warm weather after too much wine, food and golf.
- In a nutshell:The place for the tour gastronomic
I have been here many times over the past 25 years and it's still a great place to go. The menu features crayfish with... more travel advice
kiwilingous' Related Pages
Blenheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sun and Wine for all"
- "Sauvignon Capital of the World"
- "MARLBOROUGH COUNTRY!"
- "working in an apple orchard..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blenheim
- Hotels in Blenheim
- Transportation in Blenheim
- Restaurants in Blenheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blenheim
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Blenheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blenheim
- updated a Blenheim Travel Page "Sauvignon Capital of the World"
- Commented on one of fishandchips's Blenheim travel pages
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Drive Hanmer Springs then..."
- Wrote a Review An Italian taste of NZ in Blenheim Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sauvignon Capital of the World"
- Christchurch Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Picton Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blenheim Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Lyttelton 1 review, 1 photo