"Toronto--Sports, Sights and Underground Shopping!" Toronto by VeronicaG
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,322 reviews and 8,963 photos
We flew to Toronto on Air Canada from the East Coast, having been warned that it could be very hot and humid in July. That warning was correct--it was! However, the heat did not deter our sightseeing.
Our first night was spent at the Fairmont Royal York located in the financial district. The posh lobby was welcoming, our accommodations comfortable and you can stroll down steps to the Underground shopping area right from the lobby. There were too many shops to count! Some restaurants were also located in the Underground. Although a teachers conference was meeting at the Fairmont during this time, we didn't feel like it affected our service in any way.
The second and third nights we stayed at the Renaissance which is part of a sports complex/stadium where the Blue Jays play. Our grandson was so excited about this hotel! Our windows opened up to the field and stadium with convenient viewing of the scoreboard! Our tv gave a play-by-play commentary of the game--we had the opportunity to view two games. We really did feel like we were part of the crowd and the atmosphere was charged with excitement! GO BLUE JAYS!
During our stay in Toronto, we visited the CN Tower, Casa Loma, the Royal Ontario museum and the Toronto music garden. I have more info. on these places in my TIPS.
Toronto sits on the Northwest shore of Lake Ontario and covers 641 square miles. Its name means "fishing weir". As of... more travel advice
Toronto Gardens is wisely located along the waterfront. While I was listening to the concert in the park, the "guys"... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Commented on one of BillNJ's Toronto travel pages
- updated a Toronto Travel Page "Toronto--Sports, Sights and Underground Shopping!"
- Wrote a Review Toronto--Town With An Underground in Toronto What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dinosaurs, Fossils and Nature"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue