"Weatherford's Claim to Fame" Weatherford by VeronicaG
Weatherford Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Our newspaper promoted it and our neighbors have lauded it, so when The Parker County Peach Festival came around we eagerly added it to our "must do" list! Weatherford, Texas is located approximately 20 minutes from the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex.
Sailing along I-820, then 30W. we passed lush, green landscape. A rarity this time of year in Texas. Buckets of rain have fallen to make this one of the wettest summers in history and the thirsty ground just soaked it all up, producing an abundance of lovely wildflowers.
A flag or two was hug at half mast due to Ladybird Johnson's passing a couple days ago. How appropriate that her efforts to beautify America years ago, resulted in the glorious displays along the roadsides today!
As we neared the Weatherford exit, we could see lines of cars stacked up and inching towards 'the most popular town festival in Texas'. Apparently all that we had heard was true--it seemed everyone in Texas wanted to be a part of the celebration!
Weatherford actually is known for other things...besides peaches. It is said to be the cutting horse capital of the... more travel advice
The Marines had a presence at the festival, also. Their booth encouraged those up to the challenge to see how many push... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Weatherford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weatherford's Claim to Fame"
- "A Growing Texas Town"
- "Weatherford, Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Weatherford
- Transportation in Weatherford
- Restaurants in Weatherford
- Shopping in Weatherford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weatherford
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Weatherford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weatherford
Photos in WeatherfordSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue