"Tyler,Texas--Come for the Azalea and Rose Festival" Top 5 Page for this destination Tyler by VeronicaG
Tyler Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 151 photos
Tyler, Texas is located approximately 126 miles from the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and was named in honor of President John Tyler.
As we traveled 80-E and then 20-E. we passed by Mesquite--Home of the Jack Rabbits, then Forney--known for its numerous antique shops. As we sped along the highway, patches of deep pink RED BUD and the verdant green of the forest were in evidence. Spring has come to Texas!
Cattle in colors of black, brown and tan and a few horses dotted the greening pastures. Fifty miles outside of Tyler even a few camels could be seen grazing behind fences. Yes...camels!
We were being drawn to this town of over 89,000 people to see the azaleas. The Tyler Azalea Festival is held each year in March/April and heralds the blooming of countless flowers along an eight mile route in one of the districts of town appropriately named, the Azalea District.
The town webpage keeps track of the various stages of blooming and alerts the public. We were a bit early for a full-blossomed display, but we did see some brilliantly colored azaleas and took this opportunity to acquaint ourselves with some of the attractions Tyler offers.
One of these sites is the Tyler Municipal Rose Garden, featuring roses, camellias, an Idea Garden and more. I'd like to visit Tyler during the height of the rose display because I've heard the fragrance is out of this world! A Rose Festival is held in October each year.
Tyler is located in the PINEY WOODS District of Texas.
Woldert-Spence Manor is an 1859 Bed and Breakfast lodging offering six guest rooms in the main house and two carriage... more travel advice
Each weekend during The Azalea Trail, visitors will see pretty girls dressed in antebellum gowns. They are the official... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Tyler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tyler,Texas--Come for the Azalea and Rose Festival"
- "A Tyler Rose-Less Page :o("
- "Sweetberry's Tyler Page"
- "The Rose of Texas"
- "Blueump's Tyler Page"
- "Tyler - My Birthplace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tyler
- Hotels in Tyler
- Transportation in Tyler
- Nightlife in Tyler
- Restaurants in Tyler
- Warnings and Dangers in Tyler
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tyler
- 16 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Tyler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tyler
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue