"Southlake, Texas--A Burgeoning Neighborhood!" Southlake by VeronicaG

Southlake Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 64 photos

A LOOK AT A WELCOMING TOWN

Newest tip: Two new restaurants to read about (February, 2009)

ART ON THE SQUARE--Southlake's annual art show was held at the end of April (2008). My opening picture is a creation by Steve Brewster, artist. I love all the brilliant colors in this unique design. Hmmm..to be this imaginative!

I've also recently added what's become a favorite restaurant/coffeehouse tip to my Southlake page. Since I don't have a page on Hurst, Tx. I placed it on this page since it's only a few miles away.

MOVING TO TEXAS

Now that we live in the Dallas area, we're learning about the local communities...like Southlake. It's a growing, lively area that has seen much development in the last couple of years. Although the community did not typically evolve from a main street, a town square was developed which has become the hub and pulse of the neighborhood, giving the various residential developments a central focus.

Southlake's Town Square has many familiar shops and restaurants. A new movie theatre has just opened and a new Hilton Hotel is being erected. Southlake's library and municipal building are located here, as well.

The Caroll Dragons football team is #1 in the state of Texas. People are extremely involved with their game season and love to cheer them on wearing DRAGON gear--their colors are GREEN AND WHITE.

• Last visit to Southlake: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2009

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Veronica, great updates! Your restaurant tips are outstanding. Sorry to see that "Seekers" has closed--it sounded like a very different and nice kind of place.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Great new restaurant tips. Keep on checking out the new places in Southlake.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I go for the desserts!!! Everytime!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I enjoyed reading your enthusiastic tips about your adopted home town. Glad to hear they have a nice public library and gave you a library card on the spot. And they even have an "Oktoberfest"!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 4:42 PM

One year ago, I visited these pages and boy have you added since then. Such a wonderful page filled with pride for your new location, vivid descriptions of local activities, and your strong writing skills. Loved the restaurant tips.

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2006 at 1:33 PM

All those fantastic Tex Mex places...I'm on a strict diet so I better keep away from Texas 'cos it looks like they serve delicious food! Tim

• Nov 2, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Hi Veronica! Great to hear from you! I loved all the info. and the wonderful pictures on your Southlake Page.:~)) Looks like a great destination. Yes, it is Spring right now....My favourite season. Almost w/end. 'njoy!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 11:24 PM

Southlake sounds like a lovely place to live Veronica.. How far from Dallas are you? Ohh.. and what is a quesadilla? You sure are having some hot weather this year, I hope you enjoy the heat. Cheers!!!

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 11:20 AM

Looks like a nice, new hometown!

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Southlake

Have you been to Southlake?

Latest Activity in Southlake