San Antonio Shopping Tips by VeronicaG Top 5 Page for this destination
San Antonio Shopping: 43 reviews and 68 photos
The Village Gallery
For that unique piece, stop by The Village Gallery in La Villita, where the shop offers stoneware and pottery distinctive of Texas.
I quickly found a great looking spoon rest and a cheese tray as I browsed through the rooms (picture 2). The stoneware was beautifully arranged in sets, so it was simple to select something that matched. The difficult part was making a choice--so many color combinations!
Several small rooms and second floor comprise the cozy shop, all stacked with wonderful things. I'll definitely want to stop by another time. The best part about shopping in La Villita is its historic charm!
Address: 502 Villita St., San Antonio,Tx.
I wanted to find a pretty piece of silver jewelry to take home as a memento, so while we were exploring La Villita (one of the oldest settlements in San Antonio) I stopped by Chamade Jewelers.
I found an interesting torquoise pendant on a silver chain, but there were other unique pieces crafted of silver that were very nice. Rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, charms and pendants filled the jewelry cases. I noticed they also sold estate jewelry.
While I was here, at least two people came in to have a piece of old jewelry redesigned. The service was excellent and the saleswoman spent quite a bit of time guiding me around the sales room to the different jewelry cases.
Chamade is open daily and accepts all major credit cards.
What to buy: Silver jewelry
Address: 504 Villita Street, San Antonio,Tx
Directions: in La Villita
Rivercenter seen from the River Walk
River Center is a huge shopping mall containing all your favorite shops! The IMAX theatre is located here, so we strolled through the corridors but didn't have time to shop.
If you do make time for some shopping, you'll find just about anything here. Shops like Aeropostale, Chicos, The Disney Store, Gap, Express, Zales, Foot Locker, American Eagle Outfitters, Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop, Best of San Antonio, Sports Mania, Victoria's Secret, The Body Shop, Sunglass Hut, American Greetings are only a few of the 125 stores.
There is a food court with Starbucks, Dairy Queen, Le Petit Bistro, Great Wraps, Sbarro's Italian Eatery, Philly Grill, Marble Slab Creamery, Nestle Toll House Cafe, Little Tokyo and many, many more. Restaurants are Chili's, Hooters, Luciano's Ristorante Italiano, Morton's-The Steakhouse, Steers and Beers and Tony Roma's Ribs. Bank machines are placed in several areas of the mall, as well as restrooms.
What to buy: You name it!
Address: 849 East Commerce
Theme: Department Store
El Mercado offered TONS of souvenirs and items with a Southwest influence. There were flouncy skirts and ruffled tops, leather belts and purses, colorfully painted ceramics, silver and beaded jewelry, cloth dolls, toys, pinatas, indoor and outdoor metal sculptures, cowboy hats, plus many other items. Festive strings of multi-colored paper cut outs hung overhead.
One stall after another was filled with brightly-colored wares vying for the tourist's attention. Be sure to compare prices because they vary from one shop to another. Our grandson decided to purchase a cowboy hat with his money. I had my eye on a string of red ceramic chili peppers, but my husband nixed that idea.
El Mercado is part of Market Square which comprises a farmer's market, cafe, restaurant and bakery and art gallery. Special events are held here throughout the year. Hours are 10 am-8 pm June-Aug.; 10 am-6pm Sept. May. There is metered parking nearby and a parking garage at the Farmer's Market, maximum cost $5.00.
Address: 514 W. Commerce, San Antonio, TX
Directions: In historic Market Square
More Reviews (43)
- See All Lovely HemisFair Park
- Draining of the Canal
- The Alamodome
- See All The Alamo is a neighbor
- See All A Night of Fireworks!
- Classic Jazz
VeronicaG's Related Pages
San Antonio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Antonio--La Ciudad...A Walk Thru History"
- "San Antonio"
- "san antonio texas"
- "San Antonio"
- "Bienvenido a San Antonio!"
- "San Antonio"
- "San Antonio"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Antonio
- Hotels in San Antonio
- Transportation in San Antonio
- Nightlife in San Antonio
- Restaurants in San Antonio
- Shopping in San Antonio
- Warnings and Dangers in San Antonio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Antonio
- 47 Reviews
- 138 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to San Antonio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Antonio
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- updated a San Antonio Travel Page "San Antonio--La Ciudad...A Walk Thru History"
- Uploaded a Photo to "New Year's Eve in San Antonio"
- Wrote a Review Lovely HemisFair Park about Hemisfair Park in San Antonio Things to Do
- Commented on one of TheWanderingCamel's San Antonio travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riverwalk & Riverwalk Mall- 88 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Alamo- 91 Reviews, 170 Photos
- El Mercado - Market Square- 12 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Tower of the Americas- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- SeaWorld San Antonio- 15 Reviews, 30 Photos
- King William Historic District- 13 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Buckhorn Saloon & Museum- 15 Reviews, 42 Photos
- La Villita- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Hemisfair Park- 17 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Mission San Jose- 11 Reviews, 33 Photos
See All San Antonio Things to Do