"Kemah--The Waterfront and Boardwalk" Kemah by VeronicaG
Kemah Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 70 photos
UPDATE:Hurricane Ike brought high water to Kemah in September, 2008. We hope it will be restored quickly and attracting visitors once again.
We recently visited friends in the Houston area who were our former neighbors in New Jersey. Since moving to the Dallas metroplex we've longed to be near the water once again, so after leaving their home in League City and driving a short distance to the waterfront, they introduced us to Kemah.
Kemah is a popular destination along Galveston Bay. The name comes from an Indian word meaning "wind in face". It includes a marina, boardwalk and entertainment venue.
As we neared the crowded boardwalk, we spied pelicans and cormorants fishing for the next meal; the air was salty and there was a pleasant breeze. Families were loading up for a boat ride, browsing through souvenir-packed shops or lining up for the amusements.
In the square a kiddy show involving pirates caught the attention of some of the children, while squirting water spouts diverted others seeking respite from the humidity. Kemah Boardwalk looked like a perfect way to spend a leisurely afternoon.
A moment after I snapped my photo, several children ran through this cooling station eager to be squirted.
Boardwalks are popular destinations, especially for families. The Kemah Boardwalk offers restaurants, shops and rides... more travel advice
As we approached the waterfront, a large, colorful vessel loaded with passengers revved it's motor and took off from the... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Kemah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kemah--The Waterfront and Boardwalk"
- "Mini Boardwalk"
- "New, Fun Area on Gulf Coast"
- "A day at Kemah Boardwalk"
- "another day trip from Houston"
- "Jumping in Kemah!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kemah
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Kemah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kemah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue