Jefferson Nightlife Tips by VeronicaG Top 5 Page for this destination
Jefferson Nightlife: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Bull Durham's Playhouse
Where else would you find a Gospel Brunch in the morning AND live Zydeco music at night in the same venue: Bull Durham's Playhouse, of course.
Perhaps because it was Mardi Gras weekend, a $10 cover charge admitted us for the evening. Once inside we were treated to Scott Walker, whose music was billed as 'Rockin' Texas Country' style. Jean Pierre & the Zydeco Angels entertained for the rest of the evening (picture 2). The evening's live music had the room hopping and couples doing the Texas two-step!
Instead of paying the wait staff for food, drinks or adult beverages, tickets had to be purchased at a small booth by the door and were used for these items.
The King of Mardi Gras was present at a large table in the center of the room with his friends and frequently made an appearance in front of the stage to toss sparkly bead necklaces or colored dubloons to the audience (see customs tip). He was truly enjoying his duties and seemed like a good-hearted fellow.
The crowd was a well-behaved and friendly group of people, enjoying the music and conversation. We enjoyed the evening very much!
Address: 124 E. Austin St., Jefferson,Tx
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (36)
- See All Oft Suggested Restaurant
- See All Delicate Things of Beauty
- See All The Farewell to the Troops
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Jefferson Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jefferson-Antiques, B&B's, Mardi Gras & Home Tour"
- "Basaic Jefferson Page"
- "One of my favorite towns"
- "Historic Jefferson was FUN."
- "Keeweechic's Jefferson"
- "Jefferson - Great Weekend Getaway"
- "Jefferson Texas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jefferson
- Hotels in Jefferson
- Transportation in Jefferson
- Nightlife in Jefferson
- Restaurants in Jefferson
- Shopping in Jefferson
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jefferson
- 37 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Jefferson?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jefferson
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
- Gone With the Wind Museum- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Jay Gould's Railroad Car- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Basin Bayou Cruise- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Carriage Rides- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Jefferson Historical Museum- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Cypress Valley Education Center- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Schluter Home- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- The Texas History Museum- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Jefferson Playhouse- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Atalanta Railroad Car- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Jefferson Things to Do