"Grapevine, Texas--Friendly and Historic!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Grapevine by VeronicaG
Grapevine Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 199 photos
Fall 2009 Update: Mac's American Grill was a stand-out for their Sunday Brunch fruit and pastry bar. See my new restaurant tip.
While in the Dallas area finishing up details regarding our move to Texas, we chanced upon Grapevine. The town was immersed in the celebration of Main Street Days held in mid-May. People filled the streets mingling with neighbors, purchasing sugar-sprinkled funnel cakes and browsing through the artisans tents while listening to the pulsing tunes of various entertainers performing on stages placed in strategic places throughout town.
Grapevine's historic area includes restored town buildings, a vintage railroad and wine trails. All of which we hope to explore once we unload our worldly goods in a nearby community!
*Here's a little of its history: The site began experiencing settlement in the 1840's and was known by several different names. Around 1854, the name "Grape Vine" was suggested by resident Judge James Moorehead since the town was near Grape Vine Prairie where numerous wild grapes grew. In 1914, the post office legally changed the name to Grapevine. At that time, the town had 1200 residents, numerous businesses, including grocers, banks and hotels.
*(This information borrowed from The Handbook of Texas Online)
Mac's American Grill* offered a great start to Sunday brunch, a fruit and pastry bar. Our favorite tidbit from the bar:... more travel advice
I had heard very complimentary things about Bob's Steak and Chop House, but we didn't experience it first hand until... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Grapevine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Grapevine"
- "Grapevine, Texas--Friendly and Historic!!"
- "Home of DFW Airport"
- "Heard it through the Grapevine, TX"
- "Grapevine, TX"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grapevine
- Hotels in Grapevine
- Transportation in Grapevine
- Nightlife in Grapevine
- Restaurants in Grapevine
- Shopping in Grapevine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grapevine
- 40 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Grapevine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grapevine
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- updated a Grapevine Travel Page "Grapevine, Texas--Friendly and Historic!!"
- Wrote a Review Begin with their fruit and pastry bar! in Grapevine Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Begin with their fruit and pastry bar!"
- Commented on one of keeweechic's Grapevine travel pages
Photos in GrapevineSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue