"Fredericksburg-A Charming and Historic Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericksburg by VeronicaG
Fredericksburg Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 649 photos
UPDATE: We discovered on our most recent visit that several stores had changed hands and a bakery or two seemed to have disappeared.
A July visit to Fredericksburg, brought us a different view of this German style town. Flowers were abloom and tourists were everywhere! New things-to-do and restaurant tips are included.
Fredericksburg, is located in Texas Hill Country. Many years ago Native American Indians roamed the hills, then Spanish Conquistadors came to contribute a part of their culture and finally German settlers arrived, establishing the town of Fredericksburg in 1846.
Our plans were to meet our former New Jersey neighbors, John and Bonnie Meade, for a lovely weekend in this wonderfully scenic place. Originally scheduled for May, our trip had to be put on hold due to massive flooding in this area. Fortunately, our Fall travel plans were successful and we met at a B&B on a sun-drenched Friday afternoon.
Main Street is a charming collection of shops, restaurants and bakeries, a biergarten or two, B&B's and historic German-inspired buildings. Most of the churches and art galleries could be found on the side streets. The town was very walkable and there were plenty of parking spaces. We had a memorable visit!
There were all sorts of restaurants and cafes at which to grab a bite to eat on Main Street, Fredericksburg. We opted... more travel advice
While we were at the Marketplatz, we noticed this imposing building across the street. It was once the Gillespie County... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Fredericksburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fredericksburg-A Charming and Historic Town"
- "Beautiful Hill Country"
- "A visit to Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS"
- "Welcome to China Bayles territory"
- "Fredericksburg, Texas"
- "Welcome to the Capital of the Hill Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg
- Hotels in Fredericksburg
- Transportation in Fredericksburg
- Nightlife in Fredericksburg
- Restaurants in Fredericksburg
- Shopping in Fredericksburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericksburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fredericksburg
- 34 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Fredericksburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericksburg
- updated a Fredericksburg Travel Page "Fredericksburg-A Charming and Historic Town"
- Uploaded a Video to Fredericksburg
- Wrote a Review Convenient and Tasty! in Fredericksburg Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Convenient and Tasty!"
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Commented on one of basstbn's Fredericksburg travel pages
Photos in FredericksburgSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue