Dallas Local Custom Tips by VeronicaG Top 5 Page for this destination
Dallas Local Customs: 63 reviews and 59 photos
Art Cars at the City Arts Celebration
The City Arts Celebration has been an annual event in Dallas' art district for the last five years. This past weekend was our first taste of this colorful gathering of the art community.
It was blazing hot when we attended. Fortuitously, a misting station was located in the center of all of this creativity--for which we were very thankful!
As we trudged up the street, vibrant oils caught our attention, but actually it was the pottery that seemed most captivating (pic #2). We were drawn to many of these stalls to sort through hand crafted "treasures".
A cool display of "art cars" made for a photo op, while in another area elementary children performed a dance beneath a large, sheltering canopy. Live music filled the air in a variety of forms: a rock group, Tejano music and others (pic #3).
Of course, it seems every event like this has a food section, so we were thrilled to find funnel cakes, which we divied up three ways. I can't say that this event compares to Fort Worth's Art Fest, but perhaps in time it will.
More Reviews (66)
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Dallas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Dallas"
- "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- "1997 Convention to 2006 Frisco grandchildren visit"
- "Goin' through the Big D and I mean Dallas!"
- "Dallas Texas"
- "Sweetberry's Dallas Page"
- "btex's Dallas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dallas
- Hotels in Dallas
- Transportation in Dallas
- Nightlife in Dallas
- Restaurants in Dallas
- Shopping in Dallas
- Warnings and Dangers in Dallas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dallas
- 67 Reviews
- 182 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Dallas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dallas
- updated a Dallas Travel Page "Dallas,Texas--Big, Bold and Friendly!!"
- Wrote a Review The Historic District of Swiss Avenue in Dallas Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Historic District of Swiss Avenue"
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Dallas travel pages
Photos in DallasSee All Photos (182)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dealey Plaza Dedication- 60 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Fair Park- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Downtown- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Botanical Garden- 14 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Pioneer Plaza- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Reunion Tower- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Nasher Sculpture Center- 16 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Southfork Ranch- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Trammell Crow Center- 11 Reviews, 27 Photos
- World Aquarium- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Dallas Things to Do