"Breezin' Through Bryan-A Memorial Day Weekend" Bryan by VeronicaG
Bryan Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 27 photos
Although listed separately on virtual tourist, these two Brazos Valley towns hold the joint name of Bryan-College Station, Texas and were founded a decade apart by Stephen F. Austin settlers in the early 1800's. They developed into the communities they are today because of their ties to Texas A & M University.
It was Memorial Day when we walked the Main Street of Bryan, finding just about every store "locked up with the shades down" so to speak. The area appeared to be nicely restored and we would have liked to have visited some of the shops and historic buildings to get a better 'flavor' of the town. However, what we saw we noted and appreciated.
While in Bryan, we stayed at a very hospitable Bed and Breakfast, dined at an appealingly historic restaurant that offered international cuisine, were invited to visit the Brazos Valley Natural History Museum after hours and made the short drive to College Station, where we gave ourselves a self-guided tour of Texas A&M campus and the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library.
Although not a good day to explore Bryan's old buildings, it was a good day to take photos.
When the town of Bryan officially incorporated in 1872, one of the non-official organizations forming called for a... more travel advice
As the railway made its way through Texas, small towns cropped up along the way. One of these became Bryan, Texas, named... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Bryan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Breezin' Through Bryan-A Memorial Day Weekend"
- "bryanviking's Bryan Page"
- "Always7696's new Bryan Page"
- "College Town"
- "Run Away!"
- "Basaic Bryan Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryan
- Hotels in Bryan
- Transportation in Bryan
- Restaurants in Bryan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bryan
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Bryan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue