"STRASBURG--Home of the Strasburg Railroad Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Strasburg by VeronicaG
Strasburg Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 72 photos
Ride a real steam engine through the countryside of Pennsylvania for 45 minutes. Tour a museum with engines, traincars, historical photos and displays from the age of the locomotives. This is a great place to visit and will appeal to any age!
A Day with Thomas the Tank Engine is an event that most young children will absolutely LOVE! We went in September and were warned to arrive early. The highway leading to the Railroad Museum becomes congested as the time nears to board the train and the parking lot fills up quickly, so it is a good idea to arrive early for both reasons mentioned.
Excitement fills the air as the children and their families prepare to board the train. It is an atmosphere filled with laughter and joy as Thomas steams to the station. We would recommend this experience to anyone with small children.
The cost for this is $20.75 for ages 3 and up; $16.00 for ages 2 and up and free for children under 2. There is a great gift shop, storytelling and an opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt. Who could ask for anything more?
For more info. go to the website:www.strasburgrailroad.com.
The phone number is 717-687-7522. It is located on Rt.741 East of Strasburg, Lancaster County, Penna.
A delightful ride in the country--all aboard!
- Pros:Lots of fun; Tons of Trains; Child's Delight
- In a nutshell:The railroad age revisited!
Our ride on the rails took us through Amish country. We passed a group of Amish having a picnic on the day we visited... more travel advice
If you come to The Thomas the Tank weekend what could be better than meeting Sir Topham Hatt!! He's quite a... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Strasburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STRASBURG--Home of the Strasburg Railroad Museum"
- "Pennyslvania Dutch Country"
- "Strasburg Railroad"
- "Strasburg, PA.... Train Town"
- "Strasburg, PA"
- "Strasburg: The Heart of Amish Country"
- "oneonta_ni's new Strasburg Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasburg
- Hotels in Strasburg
- Restaurants in Strasburg
- Shopping in Strasburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasburg
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Strasburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasburg
Photos in StrasburgSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue