"PHILADELPHIA--Brotherly Love And More" Top 5 Page for this destination Philadelphia by VeronicaG
Philadelphia Travel Guide: 2,213 reviews and 4,538 photos
Philadelphia is a spectacular city to visit! It is welcoming and loaded with history! We live closer to New York City, but it's Philadephia we prefer.
A marvelous Spring Flower Show is presented at the Convention Center. If you are anywhere near Philadelphia at that time, drop everything and GO! A week day is the best time to drop in because weekend attendance is staggering! Various businesses and organizations outdo themselves every year creating magnificent landscapes. Awards are given for their efforts. A Garden Tea is served twice daily. See THINGS TO DO for more info.
There is a website www.gophila.com that offers a special rate at MANY hotels--two nights for the price of one at certain times of the year. We've taken advantage of this offer during the flower show, touring many historic attractions while we were there.
Many museums and cultural exhibits punctuate the city of Philadelphia. Our favorite is the Franklin Institute where we experienced the TITANIC exhibit a couple of years ago. The USS Becuna and the Olympia would be a hit with the kids! Of course, the Art Museum is a worthy consideration, as well.
Independence Hall is the most important stop you could make while in Philadelphia. Learn about the founding fathers and what it took to produce one of history's greatest documents!
Reading Terminal (12th & Arch St.) is within walking distance of the convention center. It is a collection of delis, food booths, bakeries, farm produce offered under one roof. You'll find fresh fruits and vegetables and home made edibles. I found some tiny decorated sugar cubes here that were a hit at a tea I gave for friends.
The Mummer's Parade is a New Year's Day spectacular featuring string banjo's, gaudy costumes and friendly crowds. I attended my first Mummer's Parade this year (January 2006) and loved the visual feast!
See my THINGS TO DO tips for more photos and ideas for visiting Philly.
Also, for Philadelphia events look into: email@example.com.
- Pros:Cultural attractions; friendly people; history everywhere!
- In a nutshell:I prefer it to New York City!
Philadelphia sits at the Southeastern end of Pennsylvania, located in Philadelphia County. It's the largest city in... more travel advice
Tour historic Philadelphia on the Victorian Trolley departing from 5th and Market daily. A 90 minute city tour takes you... more travel advice
- See All A Restaurant Close To The Convention...
- Fresh Produce, Home Made Candies, Baked...
- See All Betsy Ross and the American Flag
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Philadelphia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Philly! My homebase."
- "PHILADELPHIA--Brotherly Love And More"
- "Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley"
- "Philadelphia - Birthplace of the U.S.A!"
- "City of Brotherly Love"
- "I LIKE my history with a shot and a beer!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Philadelphia
- Hotels in Philadelphia
- Transportation in Philadelphia
- Nightlife in Philadelphia
- Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Shopping in Philadelphia
- Warnings and Dangers in Philadelphia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Philadelphia
- 40 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Philadelphia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Philadelphia
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Commented on one of garridogal's Philadelphia travel pages
- updated a Philadelphia Travel Page "PHILADELPHIA--Brotherly Love And More"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Philadelphia-the City!"
- Wrote a Review Philadelphia-the City! about Maps! in Philadelphia What to Pack
Photos in PhiladelphiaSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue