"HERSHEY PARK--A Chocolate Lover's Fantasy!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey by VeronicaG

Hershey Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 240 photos

It's A Fun, Family Park!

Hershey Park is a family-friendly theme park. Everything revolves around CHOCOLATE because its founder, Milton S. Hershey opened up the world's first modern chocolate factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He created a town for his employees, then built a place of entertainment and amusement for them in 1907--Hershey Park.

Mr. Hershey was a generous man, so in 1909 he opened the Hershey Industrial School for Orphan Boys. The trust continues even now providing a solid education and home environment for boys and girls in need.

There are over 60 rides and attractions here at Hershey Park. There are dolphin and sea lion shows, game booths, souvenir shops and food. Cute characters parade around the park for photo opportunites. Hershey Park was voted the #1 amusement park in the Northeast.

There are two places to stay on the grounds. Hotel Hershey, a luxury hotel with posh accommodations and fancy rose gardens. The Hershey Lodge, comfortable and nicely decorated with two outdoor swimming pools and a restaurant--but don't arrive too late or too hungry because it will be closed. A bus shuttle will take you to and from Hershey Park. We were given mini chocolate bars when we checked in.

Hershey Park opens at 10 am mid-May through Labor Day and special weekends in September. Holiday events are held throughout the year. Admission (includes Zooamerica North American Wildlife Park) is $39.95 adults; ages 3-8 and seniors age 55-69 $22.95; over 69 the cost is $15.95.

For more information call: 1-800-HERSHEY or see www.hersheypa.com. The address is 100 West Hershey Park Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania and is located off of Rt. 32 East.

The Hershey Railroad

• Pros:Fun place to visit, especially for families!
  • Last visit to Hershey: Dec 1999
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2006

• Nov 17, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Nice job Veronica !

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 7:58 AM

I am a chocolate lover - I prefer Lindt (Chili), thanks for the Hershey tour.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2009 at 4:16 AM

Interesting tips on the Hershey Museum and the Chocolate World Tour. Somewhere I read recently hat the Hershey Company posted a higher-than-estimated quarterly profit for the 4th quarter of 2008. No crisis in the chocolate business, it would seem!

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM

I have a friend who is interested in visiting Hershey. Thanks for the great tips! It looks like a fun place. Happy Easter, Veronica!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 6:11 AM

This place is on my 'must do' list.. thanks for the great tips and info.. The outlets sound interesting also.. ;-)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Excellent information! It seems to be a fantastic amusement park - a lot of fun for every family. I would choose roller coaster for sure (never did it), I am definetely tall enough to qualify.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Haven't been to Hershey in many, many years so it looks like its time to go back! YUMMY tips!!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2006 at 6:40 AM

Great page! My sons loved Hershey Park and Chocolate World when they were young. And I still love Hersheys chocolate - although at the moment I happen to be nibbling on M&Ms.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Veronica, I recently stopped briefly in Hershey, PA. I had lunch in the hotel but now I see what else I missed. Guess I'll have to visit again.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 11:53 AM

What a great place to take children and chocolatholics (me, too). Wonderful, thorough information. Hotels look fabulous and terrific locations. The gardens are so beautiful.

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Hershey

Have you been to Hershey?

Latest Activity in Hershey