"HERSHEY PARK--A Chocolate Lover's Fantasy!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey by VeronicaG
Hershey Travel Guide: 102 reviews and 243 photos
Hershey Park is a family-friendly theme park. Everything revolves around CHOCOLATE because its founder, Milton S. Hershey opened up the world's first modern chocolate factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He created a town for his employees, then built a place of entertainment and amusement for them in 1907--Hershey Park.
Mr. Hershey was a generous man, so in 1909 he opened the Hershey Industrial School for Orphan Boys. The trust continues even now providing a solid education and home environment for boys and girls in need.
There are over 60 rides and attractions here at Hershey Park. There are dolphin and sea lion shows, game booths, souvenir shops and food. Cute characters parade around the park for photo opportunites. Hershey Park was voted the #1 amusement park in the Northeast.
There are two places to stay on the grounds. Hotel Hershey, a luxury hotel with posh accommodations and fancy rose gardens. The Hershey Lodge, comfortable and nicely decorated with two outdoor swimming pools and a restaurant--but don't arrive too late or too hungry because it will be closed. A bus shuttle will take you to and from Hershey Park. We were given mini chocolate bars when we checked in.
Hershey Park opens at 10 am mid-May through Labor Day and special weekends in September. Holiday events are held throughout the year. Admission (includes Zooamerica North American Wildlife Park) is $39.95 adults; ages 3-8 and seniors age 55-69 $22.95; over 69 the cost is $15.95.
For more information call: 1-800-HERSHEY or see www.hersheypa.com. The address is 100 West Hershey Park Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania and is located off of Rt. 32 East.
- Pros:Fun place to visit, especially for families!
Hershey Lodge and Convention Center is where we stayed each time we visited Hershey. It has three pools to keep the kids... more travel advice
There are people who just travel the country riding roller coasters as their hobby!! This photo shows one of Hershey's... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Hershey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Celebrating 100 Years of Hershey's"
- "HERSHEY PARK--A Chocolate Lover's Fantasy!"
- "Hershey Park Happy!"
- "A Town of Chocolate"
- "Chocolate Town USA"
- "Kisses from Chocolate Town"
- "Hershey PA - Chocolate Town USA."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hershey
- Hotels in Hershey
- Transportation in Hershey
- Nightlife in Hershey
- Restaurants in Hershey
- Shopping in Hershey
- Warnings and Dangers in Hershey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hershey
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Hershey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hershey
Photos in HersheySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue