"A Town with Personality--Bellevue, Pennsylvania" Bellevue by VeronicaG
Bellevue Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 25 photos
March, 2009 UPDATE: I've added a new restaurant tip from a recent visit
November, 2008 I love the fact that I can walk from my mother's snug home to Main Street, Bellevue each morning. It's become a regular part of my day. Stopping by The Muddy Cup* for a caramel macchiato is an indulgence I'll miss once I travel back to Texas. Small towns are wonderful!
Bellevue, named for its 'beautiful view' was incorporated in 1867 and is a borough of Allegheny County, located near the Ohio River. This lovely little town which adjoins Pittsburgh offers pedestrian-friendly streets, numerous eateries and cute little shops. Although the shops sometimes come and go, they are always replaced and never left empty as in some small towns.
I have a fond connection to Bellevue because my mother lives nearby and we often come to enjoy a meal or wander in and out of the antique or gift shops along Lincoln Avenue.
One "must-see" is the Andrew Bayne Memorial Library, a delight because it is housed in a magnificent Victorian style home bequeathed to the town by two sisters, Amanda Bayne Balph and Jane Bayne Teece.
If you are close enough to visit, take a quick drive along the side streets which will lead you to many 19th century homes, some lovingly restored and others waiting to be discovered!
*See my restaurant tip on The Muddy Cup
Uncle Chen's is ideally located along Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue's main street. It was a cheerful restaurant, with red and... more travel advice
Miller's Seafood House has been serving up home-cooked meals since as long as I can remember. This Bellevue institution... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Bellevue Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bellevue
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Bellevue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bellevue
Photos in BellevueSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue