"A Town with Personality--Bellevue, Pennsylvania" Bellevue by VeronicaG

Bellevue Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 25 photos

A Charming Pittsburgh Suburb

March, 2009 UPDATE: I've added a new restaurant tip from a recent visit

November, 2008 I love the fact that I can walk from my mother's snug home to Main Street, Bellevue each morning. It's become a regular part of my day. Stopping by The Muddy Cup* for a caramel macchiato is an indulgence I'll miss once I travel back to Texas. Small towns are wonderful!

Bellevue, named for its 'beautiful view' was incorporated in 1867 and is a borough of Allegheny County, located near the Ohio River. This lovely little town which adjoins Pittsburgh offers pedestrian-friendly streets, numerous eateries and cute little shops. Although the shops sometimes come and go, they are always replaced and never left empty as in some small towns.

I have a fond connection to Bellevue because my mother lives nearby and we often come to enjoy a meal or wander in and out of the antique or gift shops along Lincoln Avenue.

One "must-see" is the Andrew Bayne Memorial Library, a delight because it is housed in a magnificent Victorian style home bequeathed to the town by two sisters, Amanda Bayne Balph and Jane Bayne Teece.

If you are close enough to visit, take a quick drive along the side streets which will lead you to many 19th century homes, some lovingly restored and others waiting to be discovered!

*See my restaurant tip on The Muddy Cup

• Last visit to Bellevue: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 13, 2009

• Mar 16, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Excellent information and pictures

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Neat little town. Resembles Edgewood - neighborhood next to mine. I imagine the Hermann Museum would be very interesting...sounds like a true artist. Happy antiqueing! I'm doing the same on my end.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 12:23 PM

What a pleasant-looking place! I think I would especially like the Andrew Bayne Memorial Library and park.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2008 at 7:04 AM

We had a bakery just like that where I grew up, love the mansion that was turned into a library, what a lovely setting!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2008 at 4:27 AM

A very nice page about a lovely little town. Rnjoyed your tips and family photos.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I smiled the whole time I read your tips, Veronica...they are so authentic and filled with remembrance as well as discovery. I love these kinds of towns.

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Nibbles & Licks looks like a place I would LOVE. Sweet tooth here. And I DEF would love Erin's Hallmark!! Great tips!!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Lovely architecture and charming shops & restaurants, Veronica! Nice page! Lovely picture of you & your Mom!!

VeronicaG Visits Here Frequently!

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Bellevue

Have you been to Bellevue?

Latest Activity in Bellevue