"Where Footballl Comes Alive!" Top 5 Page for this destination Canton by VeronicaG

Canton Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 55 photos

The Pro Football Hall of Fame

Since we're originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania you would think we would have made our way to Canton, Ohio before our move to Texas, but you'd be wrong! Although it is only a two hour drive we never took the opportunity to see The Pro Football Hall of Fame while we lived in the Steel City.

We flew recently to Pennsylvania for a special event in our family and had a free afternoon to ourselves, so drove to Canton to see football's museum of fame. There was time for little else, so we did not venture into the town to see any other sights.

The museum's collection of sports paraphenalia began with the earliest teams in the league and progressed to current stars and organizations. The Pittsburgh Steelers is our favorite team (no surprise) so we made sure we saw all that pertained to them.

• Last visit to Canton: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2006

• MD2nd's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2009 at 7:25 AM

Happy belated Birthday, Veronica, and best of wishes! Maria

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Great tips! Anything Dallas Cowboys to be found too?? Love'em!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Interesting tips. I have never seen American football match but many baseball/football caps :-) It's the most popular spectator sport in the United States, I think.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 11:42 PM

Really good start Veronica, any sport interests me, from my chair at home that is LOL

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 5:12 AM

A very nice museum for football fans,I am sure your husband and Grandson loved it!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Great info. I'll return when more is completed. Did you go to the First Ladies Library and Museum in Canton? If not, check out my Ohio page for info on it...I think you would love it.

• Jul 27, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Helloo!! Nice tips on The Hall of Fame Veronica! Hope you are doing ok out there & that all is well with you & yours! Warm regards.

VeronicaG