"A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe by VeronicaG
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,486 photos
Although Santa Fe is considered a high desert, you'll find glorious snowcapped mountains in the winter time. The majestic, cloud shrouded peaks of the Sandia and Sangre de Cristo mountains seem to shadow you all the way from Albuquerque to Santa Fe.
Many Native American pueblos are scattered throughout this wide area. Unfortunately, the weather and our limited time in New Mexico prohibited a visit to these interesting sites.
Our hotel was a block from the central plaza, making it an easy jaunt to shopping, restaurants, museums and galleries. A careful drive through snowy mountain roads led us to Chimayo, which is a religious pilgrimage destination and combined with a tour of the impressive Shidoni Foundry, provided an adventurous afternoon.
Santa Fe is unlike anyplace I've ever been. Adobe style homes and buildings, spicy southwest cuisine, soaring mountain views and excellent shopping all combined to create a very agreeable destination.
Some of the photographs in this travel page have been generously given to us by friends and fellow travelers, Janis and Ralph N., who accompanied us on our trip to Santa Fe.
UPDATE: (October '07) We traveled to Santa Fe for a return visit during Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta weekend. New tips have been added!
As we drove through the entrance to this Inn, we knew at a glance that this was something special! A valet came... more travel advice
As we passed by a number of galleries due to time constraints, the Carole Laroche Gallery caught our eye because of the... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- "Santa Fe, New Mexico"
- "La Villa Real de la Santa Fe"
- ""Fanta Se""
- "Steep in History"
- "The City Different"
- "Santa Fe Days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Fe
- Hotels in Santa Fe
- Transportation in Santa Fe
- Nightlife in Santa Fe
- Restaurants in Santa Fe
- Shopping in Santa Fe
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Fe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 51 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
- updated a Santa Fe Travel Page "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Glassblowing and Art"
- Wrote a Review Luxury Within Walking Distance of... in Santa Fe Hotels
- Commented on one of rexvaughan's Santa Fe travel pages
Photos in Santa FeSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue