"A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe by VeronicaG

Santa Fe Travel Guide: 688 reviews and 1,383 photos

The High Desert

Although Santa Fe is considered a high desert, you'll find glorious snowcapped mountains in the winter time. The majestic, cloud shrouded peaks of the Sandia and Sangre de Cristo mountains seem to shadow you all the way from Albuquerque to Santa Fe.

Many Native American pueblos are scattered throughout this wide area. Unfortunately, the weather and our limited time in New Mexico prohibited a visit to these interesting sites.

Our hotel was a block from the central plaza, making it an easy jaunt to shopping, restaurants, museums and galleries. A careful drive through snowy mountain roads led us to Chimayo, which is a religious pilgrimage destination and combined with a tour of the impressive Shidoni Foundry, provided an adventurous afternoon.

Santa Fe is unlike anyplace I've ever been. Adobe style homes and buildings, spicy southwest cuisine, soaring mountain views and excellent shopping all combined to create a very agreeable destination.

Some of the photographs in this travel page have been generously given to us by friends and fellow travelers, Janis and Ralph N., who accompanied us on our trip to Santa Fe.

UPDATE: (October '07) We traveled to Santa Fe for a return visit during Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta weekend. New tips have been added!

• Last visit to Santa Fe: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 22, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I am again looking into maybe a trip here, but weather at times is unknown. Thanks for the tips and great pictures

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Veronica, What an interesting 5* page this is, there is so much that interests me here, I would love to go there one day!

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Thanks alot for very good information about Santa Fe.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Howdy, Veronica! Friends now! Your pages are beautiful and nice to read... Thanks a lot!

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I would love to hang a couple of Ristras in our kitchen. Looks beautiful with its dark red colour.

• Dec 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Full information in your Santa Fe Page. Also great pictures

• jgemini65's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Looks like you had as good of a time as I did in Santa Fe! Beautiful city!

• Bunsch's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 4:53 AM

Thanks for visiting my Portland page -- Santa Fe is one of my travel wishes, and this really gives me a feel for it!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Very nice updates on your Santa Fe page. I am glad you got the chance to visit there again.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Come to New Mexico at Christmastime. you'' ll love the colors and traditions!

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Santa Fe

Have you been to Santa Fe?

Latest Activity in Santa Fe