Long Branch Things to Do Tips by VeronicaG
Long Branch Things to Do: 5 reviews and 8 photos
The Beach at Pier Village, Long Branch,NJ
Pier Village not only contains smart shopping and popular restaurants, but boardwalk with beach, as well. This boardwalk is not cluttered with tacky souvenir shops, but it does take you along the ocean!
This was also the site for recent charitable events such as a Pier Village 5k race, which drew proceeds to benefit Habitat for Humanity, a charity that builds homes for the poor.
Although there was come controversy regarding the eminent domain issue, there's no doubt that Long Branch has experienced a renewal with this project. Pier Village has become a hub of activity since its opening and will be a gathering spot for the public for many years to come.
Address: Pier Village Complex, Long Branch, NJ
Directions: Along Ocean Avenue
Seven Presidents Park
Often New Jersey beach towns host annual races, which become a popular event. Seven Presidents Park is the site of at least two races a year, attracting adults and children. We love the festive atmosphere surrounding these events!
The beach opens weekends starting May 28 with the official summer season beginning June 25-September 6. Lifeguards are on duty from 10 am. Daily beach fee is $5.00 for visitors ages 12 and up; children under 11 are free. A designated beach is open to surfers. It is said that the surfing here is the best on the East Coast. Floats, small boats, fishing and picnics are permitted. The beach is handicap accessible with two surf chairs on hand.
A large decked area at the rear of the concession stand provides tables and a small playground sits to one side. Restrooms are here, as well. Parking is free.
Address: Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, New Jersey
Directions: Take Garden State Parkway exit 105 in Monmouth County--Central New Jersey
And The Band Played On....
During summer Pier Village schedules free weekly concerts each week. They were a nice highlight to our summer last year. Concert goers would take their lawn chairs and snacks, claim their space in the parking lot and anticipate an entertaining event.
Before or after concert activities might consist of a little exercise on the boardwalk, browsing in the shops along the green, sampling a chocolate confection at the candy shop or sipping a glass of wine at McCloone's outdoor dining area. The friendly conversation amongst those gathered there and lovely ocean breezes made this event something special.
Address: Pier Village
Directions: Off Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ
More Reviews (1)
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Long Branch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Long Branch, NJ"
- "A Beach Town Returning To Its Glory"
- "On the Road Again!"
- "long branch coming back new things happening"
- "Long Branch, City Of Change"
- "Long Branch- NJ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Long Branch
- Restaurants in Long Branch
- Shopping in Long Branch
- Warnings and Dangers in Long Branch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Long Branch
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Long Branch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Long Branch
Photos in Long BranchSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue