"A Beach Town Returning To Its Glory" Long Branch by VeronicaG
Long Branch Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 42 photos
Long Branch was frequented by the famous in its heydey, beginning in 1869 when President Ulysses Grant journeyed there in the summer making it his "Summer Capital". After that, Presidents Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Harrison, McKinley and Wilson followed his example. Seven Presidents Park takes its name from the leaders of our nation who used to take advantage of its beaches and lovely seaside town.
Seven Presidents Park was also the site of "The Reservation" which Long Branch businessman Nate Salsbury built for his Buffalo Bill Wild West Show. Buffalo Bill Cody, Annie Oakley and Chief Sitting Bull were among the performers.(*information from www.monmouthcountyparks.com)
Long Branch has had its share of tough times, but the town is returning to its glory days with the revival of its shoreline and new Pier Village complex. Pier Village has pricey condos and apartments,lengthy boardwalk, stores for the sophisticated shopper, restaurants and activities meant to lure residents and tourists alike.
Shops and Restaurants include: McCloones Restaurant; Greek To Me (a breakfast and lunch cafe); Turning Point News and Cafe; Stewarts (casual dining); Nirvana (women's clothing boutique); Kidegories (children's clothing); Island Trading Company (boutique for men and women); Ladies Workout Express and many others. There is indoor (charged by the hour) and outdoor parking.
Pier Village not only contains smart shopping and popular restaurants, but boardwalk with beach, as well. This boardwalk... more travel advice
One of the first restaurants to open at Pier Village was McCloone's. It sits on the shore on the Atlantic Ocean on the... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Long Branch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Long Branch, NJ"
- "A Beach Town Returning To Its Glory"
- "On the Road Again!"
- "long branch coming back new things happening"
- "Long Branch, City Of Change"
- "Long Branch- NJ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Long Branch
- Restaurants in Long Branch
- Shopping in Long Branch
- Warnings and Dangers in Long Branch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Long Branch
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Long Branch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Long Branch
Photos in Long BranchSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue