"LAMBERTVILLE-Antiques;Quaint Streets & Depot Redo" Top 5 Page for this destination Lambertville by VeronicaG
Lambertville Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 29 photos
Lambertville, New Jersey is a charming little town, which lies in the West central part of the state. It is located across the Delaware River from New Hope, Pennsylvania. While Lambertville draws those folks wanting to search antique stores, wander quaint streets and dine at interesting restaurants, New Hope is more of an artsy town filled with shops offering incense, jewelry, clothing and other hip things.
Lambertville Station is a restored train depot that has been transformed into a unique restaurant. Formal dining is offered on the second level of the restaurant, while a more casual family-friendly atmosphere can be found on the entrance level off the lobby. While you are waiting to be served, the kids can peer out the oversized windows and watch all the interesting people walking past. It worked for us!
Here's a tip: If you think you would want to visit New Hope, park at Lambertville Station lot and walk over the bridge spanning the Delaware River--its a short bridge with a sidewalk. The parking lot charges a moderate fee to park, while in New Hope parking is almost impossible to find.
After seeing the antique shops or walking the back streets of the town, we head for the Lambertville Station Restaurant. We've dined here many times and have never been disappointed in the meal! (see restaurant tips)
Outside the old Lambertville Train Station are the remains of its glory days--my son took the kids to walk the rails while we waited for our table. The tracks have been abandoned for years, but seem to hold some attraction for kids!
- Pros:Scenic town; antique shops galore; interesting restaurants
- Cons:Tends to get crowded on the weekends
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Lambertville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Day on the Delaware"
- "LAMBERTVILLE-Antiques;Quaint Streets & Depot Redo"
- "Lambertville - It's Just Across The River"
- "Lambertville: artsy-fartsy on the Delaware"
- "marca's new Lambertville Page"
- "Lambertville - ShadFest 2006"
- "bmxdad's new Lambertville page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lambertville
- Hotels in Lambertville
- Transportation in Lambertville
- Restaurants in Lambertville
- Shopping in Lambertville
- Warnings and Dangers in Lambertville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lambertville
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Lambertville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lambertville
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- updated a Lambertville Travel Page "LAMBERTVILLE-Antiques;Quaint Streets & Depot Redo"
- Uploaded a Photo to "LAMBERTVILLE-Antiques;Quaint Streets & Depot Redo"
- Wrote a Review Eat at this former Train Station! in Lambertville Restaurants
- Commented on one of nicolettart's Lambertville travel pages
Photos in LambertvilleSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue