"Family Friendly And Fun--Rehoboth/Dewey Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Rehoboth Beach by VeronicaG
Rehoboth Beach Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 167 photos
Lovely family beaches, fun activities for everyone and no state tax--halleluia, it's Delaware!
Last summer (2004) we wanted to rent a beach house for a family gathering we were planning. A friend told us about Rehoboth/Dewey beach, so we began researching the area. We discovered very quickly the difficulty of finding a house the size we would need. Four generations of my family would be represented and that required five bedrooms.
We settled on a large home near the beach in Dewey. This was the perfect house--it would sleep 10 people and was available for the week we needed. In fact, it was the only week available for the house. I felt like it was meant to be!!
Our multi-level rental had two decks which faced the ocean. Each morning and evening one or more of us would find our way to these decks where we would sip our morning tea or toast the sunset with a glass of wine. One morning we witnessed a group of dolphins frolicking in the surf; other days we watched wind tossed kites circling over the ocean.
Rehoboth/Dewey has many discount outlets. They are everywhere! We spent a good portion of our time combing these outlets for bargains. We were able to pick up a discount card at the Tanger outlet which gave extra discounts on specific days.The kids AND adults scouted for souvenirs to take back home. Restaurants were plentiful.
We were a bit disappointed by the Rehoboth Board Walk. It was pretty tacky, but frequented by vacationers looking for ways in which to spend their evening.
FYI, because Delaware does not have a state income tax it has become a mecca for retirees-- its sandy beaches and convenient shopping make it a great place to settle.
Kids love digging in the sand! Who can resist a shovelful of sand when the whole beach is calling to you? That afternoon they dug more than their share of holes!
The beach was almost private and we had the run of it much of the time. One night my husband and I took a long walk on the beach--the murmur of the waves and the distant lights made it so romantic. The salt air was refreshing after a hot day in the sun.
This vacation came together surprisingly well.
Our son's family had to fly in from Chile, my mother flew in from Pennsylvania, my brother flew in from Haiti and my husband and I, our daughter and grandson (who were living with us at the time) were able to all work our schedules to coincide with everyone's visit to enjoy a family vacation together at Rehoboth/Dewey area.
The real blessing here...there was one house available that was large enough for all of us on the ONLY week that everyone was available to come together. We had a terrific visit!!
- Pros:Clean sandy beach, family friendly, shopping
- In a nutshell:A great place to take your family!
One evening at Rehoboth, we took advantage of the games provided to us by the owners of the beach house. TWISTER--a game... more travel advice
Since the grandkids birthdays are in July and August, I suggested we celebrate them while at Rehoboth Beach. Our son and... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Rehoboth Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rehoboth Beach, Delaware USA"
- "Family Friendly And Fun--Rehoboth/Dewey Beach"
- "21st Birthday at the Beach"
- "Rehoboth Beach Break"
- "Rehoboth Beach Summer Vacation"
- "Rehoboth Beach"
- "Rehoboth beach trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rehoboth Beach
- Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
- Transportation in Rehoboth Beach
- Nightlife in Rehoboth Beach
- Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
- Shopping in Rehoboth Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Rehoboth Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rehoboth Beach
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Rehoboth Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rehoboth Beach
- updated a Rehoboth Beach Travel Page "Family Friendly And Fun--Rehoboth/Dewey Beach"
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Uploaded a Photo to "SOAK IN THE SUN!"
- Wrote a Review THOSE CRAZY GAMES in Rehoboth Beach Things to Do
- Commented on one of tpangelinan's Rehoboth Beach travel pages
Photos in Rehoboth BeachSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue