"The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park" Yosemite National Park by VeronicaG

Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,503 reviews and 3,461 photos

The Splendor of Sierra Nevada

While visiting the San Francisco area, we made a point of adding Yosemite National Park to our itinerary. We thoroughly enjoyed this magnificent national park and were amazed by its beauty. The striking rock formations and deep fertile valleys were all created by massive glaciers enveloping the area thousands and thousands of years ago.

Although we never caught a glimpse of a bear or two as we had hoped, we did see a few of God's other creatures. Yosemite offers displays of nature at its finest...and most beautiful!

Here are some informative statistics about this incredible national park:

*Yosemite Park is over 1100 square miles of incredible beauty! Established in 1890 as a national park, Yosemite sits in Sierra Nevada--95% of which is still regarded as wilderness.

*Countless lakes, ponds and streams, crystal waterfalls and unique granite cliffs traversed by 350 miles of roads are contained within its 750,000 acres.

*There are 85 species of mammals, 150 species of birds, 1,000 species of flowering plants and 37 types of trees. Visitors can wander 800 miles of hiking trails in this national park, which is nearly the size of Rhode Island

Giant Sequoias, El Capitan, Half Dome and other towering formations, all exude a splendor that can only be experienced to the fullest first hand...3.5 million visitors do each year!

Please join me in touring YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK. I think you'll love it!

The Mighty El Capitan

Spectacular Mountain Views

• Last visit to Yosemite National Park: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 23, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Awesome page! Well deserved top 5 page for sure. We've been there many times and always enjoyed ourselves. I well remember the blue Jay's, very crafty little thieves...lol! They were always entertaining while camping. We even experienced a bear. Kept our food high in the tree so he left us alone.

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Great tips Veronica. We are looking forward to Yosemite in the summer

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Hello, Veronica! It's a unique and vast place to enjoy! Thanks for your story!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Too bad you missed the train, but it still looks like you had a lovely visit!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Wow, how beautiful Yosemite is!!! I could just jump into the photos and the green and the mountains :-)) And I love the legends!! Thanks for telling us about them :-)

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 6:30 AM

The view of the half Dome is awesome. I find the legend tragic though. This will be one of the reasons why I plan to visit CA for the third time. I want to see this beautiful Yosemite National Park. Very interesting!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Beautiful scenery pictures. Just had to have a second look at this great page.

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Wow Veronica,Fantastic Yosemite page. I only read the Things to do portion so far, I will be back for more before we go to Yosemite next month.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Simply wonderful, Veronica! How did I miss this great page that is so helpful for those planning a trip to Yosemite Park. Such natural beauty, history, and Indian legends. Great Lodge.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Brings back memories of some great hiking trips in Yosemite in the 1960s, while I was living in Berkeley.

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park

Have you been to Yosemite National Park?