"The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park" Yosemite National Park by VeronicaG
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,503 reviews and 3,461 photos
While visiting the San Francisco area, we made a point of adding Yosemite National Park to our itinerary. We thoroughly enjoyed this magnificent national park and were amazed by its beauty. The striking rock formations and deep fertile valleys were all created by massive glaciers enveloping the area thousands and thousands of years ago.
Although we never caught a glimpse of a bear or two as we had hoped, we did see a few of God's other creatures. Yosemite offers displays of nature at its finest...and most beautiful!
Here are some informative statistics about this incredible national park:
*Yosemite Park is over 1100 square miles of incredible beauty! Established in 1890 as a national park, Yosemite sits in Sierra Nevada--95% of which is still regarded as wilderness.
*Countless lakes, ponds and streams, crystal waterfalls and unique granite cliffs traversed by 350 miles of roads are contained within its 750,000 acres.
*There are 85 species of mammals, 150 species of birds, 1,000 species of flowering plants and 37 types of trees. Visitors can wander 800 miles of hiking trails in this national park, which is nearly the size of Rhode Island.
Giant Sequoias, El Capitan, Half Dome and other towering formations, all exude a splendor that can only be experienced to the fullest first hand...3.5 million visitors do each year!
Please join me in touring YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK. I think you'll love it!
As we pulled into our hotel parking lot and scrambled out of the car one night, we saw this female mule deer making a... more travel advice
The woods were full of these tree loving creatures, the Western Gray Squirrel. Note it's full bushy tail. I snapped a... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Incomparable Valley (and Park)"
- "Yosemite in a day"
- "On Becoming Part of the Food Chain: Yosemite"
- "Yosemite National Park"
- "Yosemite is Perhaps the Prettiest Park in the USA"
- "The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park"
- "As Good As It Gets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yosemite National Park
- Hotels in Yosemite National Park
- Transportation in Yosemite National Park
- Nightlife in Yosemite National Park
- Restaurants in Yosemite National Park
- Shopping in Yosemite National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yosemite National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park
- 34 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Yosemite National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yosemite National Park
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- updated a Yosemite National Park Travel Page "The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park"
- Wrote a Review Is this a Mule Deer? in Yosemite National Park Favorites
- Commented on one of johncudw's Yosemite National Park travel pages
Photos in Yosemite National ParkSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue