"Modesto--Where the Sixties and the Victorians meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Modesto by VeronicaG
Modesto Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 26 photos
We left Yosemite National Park that morning and were enroute to the Oakland area to lodge overnight, with plans to fly to Texas the following day. Modesto was along our route, so we stopped to see this town of "Water, Wealth, Contentment, (and) Health".
Modesto is located in the center of a rich agricultural area, the San Joaquin valley. As we closed in on this town, we passed field after field of almonds.
It's no wonder--this area is home to Blue Diamond Almonds. But this fertile land also produces fruits, wine grapes, dairy and poultry products and is home to Gallo winery, Modesto Nuts, Sciabica Olive Oil, Del Monte and Hilmar Cheese.
One of our reasons for coming to Modesto was to tour the historic McHenry Mansion, but we also wanted to look into this town's connection with the film, American Graffiti.
We found Modesto to be a very wellkept, friendly place. Read on and you'll see why!
When one enters Modesto, you travel beneath an arch displaying the city's motto: Water, Wealth, Contentment, Health. I... more travel advice
This playful bronze statue portrays two teens from the early 1960's hanging out by a '57 Chevy. This piece is meant to... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Modesto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Modesto--Where the Sixties and the Victorians meet"
- "3,000 miles in 3 days!"
- "Welcome to Modesto!"
- "CaliPrinces's Modesto Page"
- "ginjointgirl's Modesto Page"
- "Sergiuz's new Modesto Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Modesto
- Hotels in Modesto
- Transportation in Modesto
- Restaurants in Modesto
- Warnings and Dangers in Modesto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Modesto
- 8 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Modesto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Modesto
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- updated a Modesto Travel Page "Modesto--Where the Sixties and the Victorians meet"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Modesto--Where the Sixties and the Victorians meet"
- Wrote a Review Modesto in Modesto Favorites
Photos in ModestoSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue