Healdsburg Shopping Tips by VeronicaG Top 5 Page for this destination
Healdsburg Shopping: 7 reviews and 15 photos
Levin and Company Books
I come from a family of avid readers who like nothing better than perusing bookstores. Levin and Company is a fine bookstore for doing so!
While my husband searched the shelves for books on history, our grandson spent his time leafing through books on famous ships. I drifted over to the travel section, wondering if I should begin preparing for our next adventure.
My favorite type of store is one when help is needed, it comes instantaneously. On the other hand, when wishing not to be disturbed...you are not.
Levin and Company allowed us to browse, take time to digest the material, then move on to whichever subject we desired without pressuring us in any way. They had a fairly good selection of topics and generous space in which to display them. We enjoyed our visit very much!
Address: 306 Center St., Healdsburg, CA
After grabbing a bite to eat, we took time to browse through some of the cute little shops lining the streets.
NOBLE DESIGNS specialized in sterling silver, handmade jewelry. A glass case was gleaming with pieces in unique designs. I asked to see a polished pendant in the form of a sun with long silvery rays and a purplish gem set in its center. A pair of lacey, silver butterflies looked like the ideal gift for a friend, so I purchased both of these items.
There is a wide selection of jewelry, so if you are in need of a piece that isn't exactly like someone else's, stop by if you find yourself in Healdsburg. The service was excellent and the shop a joy to browse through. Hours are 10am-6pm daily.
What to buy: Many assorted shops carrying all types of items
Address: 310 Center St., Healdsburg, CA
Directions: Healdsburg Avenue and others
Antiquing is an enjoyable pastime for my husband and I, so whenever we get the time or inclination we stop to look around.
Unfortunately, we did not get to drop by these two antique shops, but if you visit Healdsburg someday...maybe you can!
They sat across the street from each other and seemed to have some interesting items, judging from what we could see in the windows at Antique Harvest and Healdsburg 'Classics' Antiques(picture 2).
Address: Healdsburg Ave., Healdsburg, CA
Downtown Bakery and Creamery
It's difficult to walk by a bakery when luscious smells are emanating from inside. So while window shopping, the aroma lured me into Downtown Bakery and Creamery where my sweet tooth had total control!
Neat stacks of breads and a glass case stocked with lucscious stickie buns, muffins, croissants, scones and cookies all conspired to tempt me. Tarts, pies and pound cakes seemed to be screaming, "TAKE ME HOME!"
But since we had just finished having lunch, a cookie seemed to be the perfect ending to our meal! I chose a mix of oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies to take back to "the guys" for dessert.
You'll also find homemade ice cream and sherbets or a cuppa joe here! Special orders for cakes are taken, as well.
Hours are Mon.-Fri. 6am-5:30pm; Sat. 7am-5:30pm; Sun. 7am-4pm.
Address: 308A Center St., Healdsburg, CA
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (12)
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Healdsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Picture-Perfect Town--Healdsburg!"
- "A Less Crowded Weekend in the Wine Country"
- "Wineries Galore!"
- "Healdsburg, California"
- "2 Nights in Healdsburg in September"
- "Healdsburg - Former Prune & Hop Town"
- "One Night Stay in Northern Sonoma"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Healdsburg
- Hotels in Healdsburg
- Transportation in Healdsburg
- Restaurants in Healdsburg
- Shopping in Healdsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Healdsburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sun City Hotels
- Buritaca Hotels
- Dunsoghly Castle Hotels
- Rabanal del Camino Hotels
- Casey Key
Badges & Stats in Healdsburg
- 16 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Healdsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Healdsburg
Photos in HealdsburgSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Healdsburg hotel reviews
- Madrona Manor
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Honor Mansion
- 570 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Best Western Dry Creek Inn
- 968 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hotel Healdsburg
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Healdsburg Inn on the Plaza
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Raford House Bed and Breakfast Inn
- 326 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- The Grape Leaf Inn
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Haydon Street Inn B & B
- 302 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Les Mars Hotel
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Chateau Souverain- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Healdsburg Plaza- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Bella Vineyards- 1 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Preston Vineyards- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Yoakim Bridge Vineyards- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Martorana Family Winery- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Zichichi Family Vineyard- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Dutcher Crossing Winery- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos