Healdsburg Hotel Tips by VeronicaG Top 5 Page for this destination
Healdsburg Hotels: 5,420 reviews and 33 photos
A Momentary Pause
When we first arrived at this former Victorian estate, we sat for a few moments in the small courtyard beneath the cooling shade of tall trees. The temperature hovered in the high 90's. A stone fountain murmured nearby.
Inside the mansion, a couple was being united in marriage. In the grass, linen-covered tables were arranged to accommodate the guests for a reception following the wedding. I don't think a more tranquil or romantic spot can be found (picture 2)!
The house was wreathed by garden vignettes, each as pretty as the next!(picture 3) A cozy veranda held wicker furniture and looked as though it would be a comfortable respite from the sun.(picture 4). Madrona Manor seemed to promise a luxurious and peaceful stay!
Unique Qualities: Flower splashed grounds in a quiet Victorian estate
Address: 1001 Westside Rd., Healdsburg, California
Directions: outside of Healdsburg, California: Dry Creek Valley
The 1881 Mansion
This exquisite Victorian Inn is listed in the best selling travel guide, 1000 Places To See Before You Die", so we were expecting to see something extraordinary...we did!
Madrona Manor is tucked away off scenic Westside Road, in Dry Creek Valley, a few miles outside of Healdsburg, California. This elegant Victorian estate sits on eight acres and includes a restored mansion (1881), a five star restaurant and lovely gardens...all in the heart of wine country!
The Inn offers "22 guest rooms and suites all fitted with the finest furnishings, linens and amenities". Luxury accommodations seem assured! We noticed an additional guesthouse and cottage on the property, adjacent to a flower garden bursting with color (pictures 2- 4).
I stepped inside to inquire whether we could look around and was told that we could do so. My pictures did not turn out very well in the darkened rooms, but I hope one can still get an idea of the sheer beauty of the place.
Unique Qualities: Period Victorian antiques in luxury setting
Address: 1001 Westside, Rd., Healdsburg, CA
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In wine country outside of Healdsburg, California
Phone: 707-433-4231; 800-258-4003
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (14)
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Healdsburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Picture-Perfect Town--Healdsburg!"
- "A Less Crowded Weekend in the Wine Country"
- "Wineries Galore!"
- "Healdsburg, California"
- "2 Nights in Healdsburg in September"
- "Healdsburg - Former Prune & Hop Town"
- "One Night Stay in Northern Sonoma"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Healdsburg
- Hotels in Healdsburg
- Transportation in Healdsburg
- Restaurants in Healdsburg
- Shopping in Healdsburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Healdsburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Healdsburg
- 16 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Healdsburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Healdsburg
Photos in HealdsburgSee All Photos (22)
Read real reviews about Healdsburg Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
- Healdsburg Plaza- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Zichichi Family Vineyard- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Chateau Souverain- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Bella Vineyards- 1 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Martorana Family Winery- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Preston Vineyards- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Yoakim Bridge Vineyards- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Dutcher Crossing Winery- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos