"The Rugged Beauty of Bodega Bay" Top 5 Page for this destination Bodega Bay by VeronicaG

Bodega Bay Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 108 photos

The Mist Descended

Note: OOPS--For some reason, the number of photos contained within these pages has been grossly exaggerated...

It was about 5:30 pm and as we traveled the road which snaked along the heights of Bodega Bay, a heavy mist appeared. It gradually began to fall upon the immense boulders and rugged shoreline.

We pulled off the road and carefully descended the narrow trail to Schoolhouse Beach. As I snapped pictures, the fog slowly covered the jutting rocks,dropping a gauzy curtain over the shoreline. It grew chilly.

The waves crashed and churned. Although a few people remained in small pockets along the beach...it seemed isolated, yet beautiful!

(Please take a peek at my Travelogue--for more photos of the beach)

• Last visit to Bodega Bay: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 24, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Evocative photos and texts about Bodega Bay and its old school. And those kids trying to keep warm by their fire on Schoolhouse Beach.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 8:17 AM

What a cool place! The whole page reminds us of a Hitchcock film. Any bird attacks while you were there?

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2008 at 4:07 PM

A nice page on this coastal town and the setting of “The Birds.”

• cnango's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Hi Veronica. Your writing style really helped me to virtually experience this area. I remember the Birds well but in the movie the sun was out so it was intersting seeing the area cloudy & grey, yet still beautiful.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Yes I have seen the movie!! I'm so used to mist living beside the sea = loved the little church here too

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Lovely photos and excellent tips. Yes, I recognised the school once I read your tip.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 9:49 AM

What gorgeous photos! I love the beach, but dislike sunbathing... this looks perfect!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I loved "The Birds" being a Hitchock fan. Your pictures remind me of some of the film locations. That sea must get quite ferocious in bad weather. Tim

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 9:04 AM

16 million photos, my you were busy on this trip ;-) Love the movie connection and that the Birds house has been kept up!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Such an eerie atmosphere in some of the travelogues photos...spectacular pictures. Yes, the places look familiar from "The Birds". I love the ones of you atop the rock. Your usual stellar page, which I always appreciate.

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Bodega Bay

Have you been to Bodega Bay?

Latest Activity in Bodega Bay