"The Red Rock Beauty of Sedona" Sedona by VeronicaG
Sedona Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 2,139 photos
As we navigated the hairpin curves of Rt. 89A through Oak Creek Canyon, I peered out the window wondering how far Sedona lay below us. As we wound down, down, down on the snaky road, a sheer drop was to our right and the cliffside to our left. It seemed as though we were traveling amongst the treetops!
As we neared the bottom of the canyon, the dramatic vista of towering red rocks appeared and the camp grounds of Coconino National Forest began flashing by our window.
Rounding a corner, we finally saw an opportunity to pull over to breathe in the scenery! Midgley Bridge was ahead of us, leading to Sedona and a dirt pathway leading to the base of the red rocks wound off to the side. Join me on our trek to Red Rock Country!
When we were traveling in New Mexico, we were offered Prickly Pear Lemonade--it was delicious! We saw many prickly pear... more travel advice
As we walked to the Honanki ruins outside of Sedona, our guide pointed out this alligator bark juniper. We were told it... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Sedona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sedona"
- "Sedona, Red Rock Country"
- "Sedona: General and Spiritual"
- "AMONGST THE RED ROCKS"
- "Spiritual Mecca, Artistic Enclave & Outdoor Wonder"
- "Sedona - A Beautiful Place in Arizona"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sedona
- Hotels in Sedona
- Transportation in Sedona
- Nightlife in Sedona
- Restaurants in Sedona
- Shopping in Sedona
- Warnings and Dangers in Sedona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sedona
- 18 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Sedona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sedona
Photos in SedonaSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue