"The Red Rock Beauty of Sedona" Sedona by VeronicaG

Sedona Travel Guide: 889 reviews and 2,115 photos

Winding Towards Sedona

As we navigated the hairpin curves of Rt. 89A through Oak Creek Canyon, I peered out the window wondering how far Sedona lay below us. As we wound down, down, down on the snaky road, a sheer drop was to our right and the cliffside to our left. It seemed as though we were traveling amongst the treetops!

As we neared the bottom of the canyon, the dramatic vista of towering red rocks appeared and the camp grounds of Coconino National Forest began flashing by our window.

Rounding a corner, we finally saw an opportunity to pull over to breathe in the scenery! Midgley Bridge was ahead of us, leading to Sedona and a dirt pathway leading to the base of the red rocks wound off to the side. Join me on our trek to Red Rock Country!

• Last visit to Sedona: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2007

• MD2nd's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Have missed your birthday but wishing you the very best - belated.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Interesting tips about the Indian ruins. Great that you had such a knowledgeable guide.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2007 at 11:26 AM

I will be hunting for rock art at Honanki and Palatki Ruins next week...thanks for the great tips!!~~Nicoletta~~

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2007 at 12:19 PM

All looks so interesting here - loved the descriptions and of course the lovely photos too

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2007 at 1:31 AM

What a lovely description, Veronica :-)) Oh how I miss red rock country and glad that you could see all this magic places :-) And yes, I also loved prickly pear in all variations :-)) Lovely shopping you had as well and the hotel... oh my :-)

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Another excellent page! We only drove through Sedona several years ago---your page shows me what we missed! Thanks for the virtual tour!!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 8:56 PM

I have no trouble paying $18 for a Chicago style pizza! Very nice page :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 10:50 AM

What an educational group of tips under things to do. Even though I've been to Sedona, we did not take a guided tour; thus, your info was fascinating to me. Wonderful job, which I've become accustomed to reading your work.

VeronicaG