"Phoenix and Scottsdale--Jewels of the Desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Phoenix by VeronicaG

Phoenix Travel Guide: 768 reviews and 1,595 photos

Our First View of Arizona

A Spring business conference in Phoenix allowed us the opportunity to become acquainted with the beautiful desert state of Arizona.

After weeks of itinerary planning, I presented our travel scheme. We were anxious to begin our wandering through the desert blooms, ancient Indian ruins and cultural opportunities this visit afforded us.

Phoenix began our acquaintance, Flagstaff welcomed us, the Grand Canyon romanced us and Sedona sealed the glorious memories of our visit within our thoughts and hearts.

Taliesen and Cosanti

Scottsdale provided an opportunity to tour Frank Lloyd Wright's desert masterpiece, Taliesen West.

Cosanti, introduced us to the imaginative world of Paolo Soleri, his futuristic Arcosanti and his lovely metal bells!

• Last visit to Phoenix: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Thanks for the tips of things to do/see. We plan a trip to Mesa in Dec and maybe can get to some areas you pointed out. Great commentary and pictures

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Wonderful Phoenix page with lovely photographs! The Heard Museum and the Desert Botanical Garden certainly look interesting to visit and explore. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Frank Lloyd Wright sure did get around! I think his designs make a lot more sense in warmer climates, the Robie House here in Chicago is totally impractical.

• Maria250's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 7:11 AM

So beautiful! I too liked AZ a lot. If it's going to be WA then I guess I most of all recommend rain coat & sweaters. lol.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Oh how I love botantical gardens & garden shops are a must for me to = I see I would have to pack for all seasons here!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 10:40 AM

I, too, loved Taliesin West...great tips on it. Fantastic hotel tip, you lucky Duck! Superior job on your Phoenix pages.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 5:41 AM

Very thorough and informative tips on this new page!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2007 at 8:24 AM

I would love to see the Desert Botanical Gardens, Heard Museum sounds interesting. Great shopping tip and food recommendations.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Thanks for the recommendations on things to see and do in Phoenix...We'll check these out next time through..

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Phoenix

Have you been to Phoenix?