"A Town Resurrected--Jerome, Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Jerome by VeronicaG
Jerome Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 137 photos
Jerome sits at an elevation of 5,246 feet atop Cleopatra Mountain. Splendid views can be had from these heights! The gorgeous Verde Valley stretches below and the Mingus Mountains reach to the sky.
Jerome was founded in 1846 and thrived in copper mining. Then bad times came long, the mine closed and Jerome languished. Then in the 1960's things began to change slowly. Today, it's an artsy town!
The streets seem to rise in tiers as they cling to the side of the mountain. Antique shops, boutiques, art galleries and restaurants punctuate the streetscape. Suddenly, it has become a place tourists love to visit.
As we walked to a restaurant, a guide led a group of about 20 people to the site of a historic building. Jerome has come alive and is thriving once again.
As we drove from Sedona to Phoenix, we took a sidetrip to Jerome, Arizona and through the lush Verde Valley. This area... more travel advice
As we spent time in Jerome, we wandered the streets, grabbed lunch at the Mile High Grill and browsed some shops, but we... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Jerome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Jerome Page"
- "A Town Resurrected--Jerome, Arizona"
- "Jerome, Arizona"
- "A town called Jerome"
- "Historic Jerome AZ"
- "It's uphill from here!"
- "Jerome, AZ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerome
- Hotels in Jerome
- Transportation in Jerome
- Nightlife in Jerome
- Restaurants in Jerome
- Shopping in Jerome
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerome
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jerome
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Jerome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerome
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue