Chile Off The Beaten Path Tips by VeronicaG Top 5 Page for this destination
Chile Off The Beaten Path: 87 reviews and 112 photos
A Little Bit Of Country
Fifteen minutes from downtown Santiago you can find green pastures cozying up to new or established housing developments. Although areas outside of the city are popular with the up-and-coming, small slivers of land are still occupied by farm animals. I snapped this photo on my daily walk. The land is being used by tenants until it is sold to developers. It provided a sweet diversion for me!
Neptune and Aphrodite--Together At Last!
When walking around Santiago, beautifully detailed sculptures, fountains or monuments will suddenly appear along the way. Any city of age has them! This particular fountain shows Neptune, God of the Sea, and Aphrodite, Goddess of Beauty, having a relaxing conversation. I wasn't able to find any background information of this piece, but it certainly was striking.
More Reviews (78)
- See All Patio Bellavista
- See All Roadside Crafts
- See All Arabian food at Patio Bellavista
- Chile--the Country!
- See All Tips On Wine Selections
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Chile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHILE---A Surprising Country!"
- "Chile - A gifted land"
- "Chile - Land of fabulous contrasts"
- "Land of the Guanaco"
- "* A DISTANT BUT FRIENDLY COUNTRY *"
- "Mission : Fireland - Vers la Tiera de Fuego..."
- "north chile:to lauca NP through atacama desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chile
- Hotels in Chile
- Transportation in Chile
- Nightlife in Chile
- Restaurants in Chile
- Shopping in Chile
- Warnings and Dangers in Chile
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chile
- 147 Reviews
- 282 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Chile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chile
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue