"SAILING THE CARIBBEAN ON GLASSY SEAS" Top 5 Page for this destination Caribbean and Central America by VeronicaG
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide: 42,433 reviews and 104,005 photos
Azure blue waters, colorful sea life and the upbeat rhythm of steel drums all characterize our voyage to the Caribbean. We sailed to this lovely destination on Royal Caribbean's new Liberty of the Seas. It was only the fifth cruise for this stunning behemoth.
We flew to Miami and departed those shores for a week of sheer luxury and fun. Our 12 year old grandson joined us for seven days of exploration--he spends the summer with us each year and has been traveling with us since he was a toddler.
As we sailed from Miami a gentle rain fell, but we were blessed with sunshine for the remainer of our trip. The captain maneuvered our ship to quickly leave the gray clouds behind and as the week unfolded, we only experienced sun-kissed days.
Our itinerary took us to Labadee, Royal Caribbean's private beach in Haiti to Montego Bay, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. The end of our journey came all too soon and I found myself wishing we could continue our voyage over the Caribbean's glassy seas for weeks to come.
The hot, humid temperatures of the Mexican summer greeted us as we began our exploration of Tulum. Our guide mananged to squeeze us into what meager shade there was as he explained how the Mayan culture once thrived here.
This ancient religious center overlooks the crystal blue Caribbean, where bathers now splash and sun themselves on the sandy beach.
The beach at the base of the Tulum ruins had fine white sand and seemed a quiet place to swim and enjoy the sun.... more travel advice
- See All Tour the Island by Van
- See All High Energy Entertainment
- The Trip to HELL and back
- See All Snorkeling at Labadee
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Caribbean and Central America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAILING THE CARIBBEAN ON GLASSY SEAS"
- "Caribbean Cruise: A True Form of Luxury"
- "Welcome to the Caribbean mon!"
- "Cruise Update: Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean"
- "Cruising through the Carribbean!"
- "Backpacking through Central America"
- "Central America and Caribean by luiggi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caribbean and Central America
- Hotels in Caribbean and Central America
- Transportation in Caribbean and Central America
- Nightlife in Caribbean and Central America
- Restaurants in Caribbean and Central America
- Shopping in Caribbean and Central America
- Warnings and Dangers in Caribbean and Central America
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Caribbean and Central America
- 41 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Caribbean and Central America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caribbean and Central America
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- updated a Caribbean and Central America Travelogue "ON BOARD PHOTOS"
- Uploaded a Photo to "ON BOARD PHOTOS"
- Wrote a Review Tulum Beach at the Ruins in Caribbean and Central America Things to Do
- Commented on one of garridogal's Caribbean and Central America travel pages
Photos in Caribbean and Central AmericaSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Caribbean and Central America hotels
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Montego Bay Hotels
- 231 Reviews - 465 Photos
- Negril Hotels
- 432 Reviews - 967 Photos
- San Juan Hotels
- 694 Reviews - 2269 Photos
- Runaway Bay Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Ocho Rios Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 636 Photos
- Trinidad Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 97 Photos
- Providenciales Island Hotels
- 159 Reviews - 656 Photos
- Puerto Plata Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 231 Photos
- Port-of-Spain Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Tobago Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 132 Photos
- Santo Domingo Hotels
- 427 Reviews - 944 Photos
- Curaçao Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 709 Photos
- Kingston Hotels
- 108 Reviews - 175 Photos
- La Romana Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 101 Photos