"Bermuda-A Tropical Beauty!" Bermuda by VeronicaG

Bermuda Travel Guide: 736 reviews and 2,308 photos

Beautiful Bermuda--it's highlights!

I had cruised to Bermuda with my family before heading to college. I've been wanting to return ever since. Happily, we cruised there on the Zenith (Celebrity cruise lines) in 2002. It was a dream come true--

We departed New York on June 22 and arrived in Hamilton on June 24. The first place we visited was the Pickled Onion Bar and Restaurant. We wanted to eat in the town before any exploring. We had the best burgers here!

I had remembered the heady fragrance of bougainvillea at night from my earlier visit, so we rented a horse and carriage that drove us around Hamilton one evening. Our grandchild enjoyed the ride and my husband and I took in the romantic architecture and sweet smells of the evening. I can still imagine the smell of blossoms sometimes!

We took a ferry to the Royal Dockyard where we toured the Maritime Museum and did some shopping. Other sites we enjoyed while in Hamilton were Fort St. Catherine's and Crystal Caves.

The beaches we visited were Horseshoe Bay Beach (Southhampton Parish) where the waves were gradual and gentle and the beach by St. Catherine's Fort (St. George's Parish) where there were no waves at all.

We took a free perfumerie tour at Bailey's Bay and bought several different perfumes to bring back as souvenirs from the Calabash gift shop. There are beautiful flower gardens surrounding the perfumerie.

We arrived on St. George's island on June 26th. We spent two days here. This side of the island was quieter, but had less to see. I would have preferred to stay in Hamilton. I think the next time we may consider flying down although the cost was WAY more expensive.

See my TIPS for more information on all of the above.

St. Catherine's Fort

So much to see here--A restored fort with small museum and more.

The beach at St. Catherine's Fort

This gorgeous beach lies below St. Catherine's fort. The shimmering waters were a blue/green in color.

• Pros:Exotic, fantastic beaches, shopping bargains, historic
  • In a nutshell:A tropical paradise I could visit again and again!
  • Last visit to Bermuda: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 19, 2006

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I am visiting this page again, this time with a happy heart! We've booked a cruise to Bermuda for next October--our first trip to the island! Hope to see as much as you have.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Hi, Veronica! It's great to be able to travel there! Good for you!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Excellent Bermuda page with great photos! It is certainly a great tourist destination. We hope to visit Bermuda one day. ~ho & pang

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Great pics and tips Veronica. bermuda is a lovely place.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Hi Veronica! Your family is beautiful and your Bermuda pages are great --- the beaches look awesome! Norman :)

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2008 at 3:58 PM

It seems you had great time there. Maybe one day I will visit this place, who knows?:)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 8:12 AM

Breezing through your Bermuda excursion once again. Reminds me of the fun time I had w/ my kids down there.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Fine tips about points of interest in Bermuda. I think I'd especially like the Maritime Museum, Fort St. Catherine's and the Crystal Caves.

• kmohandas's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I have heard a lot about Bermuda Triangle. Is it something real?

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Worth a second visit, especially on this snow-filled Chicago afternoon. Helpful tips with useful information. I think, like myself, you are a romantic at heart. Bermuda looks just lovely, and your descriptions are, indeed, enticing.

VeronicaG

“Many cultures....one world”

Badges & Stats in Bermuda

Have you been to Bermuda?

Latest Activity in Bermuda