"Bermuda-A Tropical Beauty!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bermuda by VeronicaG
Bermuda Travel Guide: 713 reviews and 2,310 photos
I had cruised to Bermuda with my family before heading to college. I've been wanting to return ever since. Happily, we cruised there on the Zenith (Celebrity cruise lines) in 2002. It was a dream come true--
We departed New York on June 22 and arrived in Hamilton on June 24. The first place we visited was the Pickled Onion Bar and Restaurant. We wanted to eat in the town before any exploring. We had the best burgers here!
I had remembered the heady fragrance of bougainvillea at night from my earlier visit, so we rented a horse and carriage that drove us around Hamilton one evening. Our grandchild enjoyed the ride and my husband and I took in the romantic architecture and sweet smells of the evening. I can still imagine the smell of blossoms sometimes!
We took a ferry to the Royal Dockyard where we toured the Maritime Museum and did some shopping. Other sites we enjoyed while in Hamilton were Fort St. Catherine's and Crystal Caves.
The beaches we visited were Horseshoe Bay Beach (Southhampton Parish) where the waves were gradual and gentle and the beach by St. Catherine's Fort (St. George's Parish) where there were no waves at all.
We took a free perfumerie tour at Bailey's Bay and bought several different perfumes to bring back as souvenirs from the Calabash gift shop. There are beautiful flower gardens surrounding the perfumerie.
We arrived on St. George's island on June 26th. We spent two days here. This side of the island was quieter, but had less to see. I would have preferred to stay in Hamilton. I think the next time we may consider flying down although the cost was WAY more expensive.
See my TIPS for more information on all of the above.
So much to see here--A restored fort with small museum and more.
This gorgeous beach lies below St. Catherine's fort. The shimmering waters were a blue/green in color.
- Pros:Exotic, fantastic beaches, shopping bargains, historic
- In a nutshell:A tropical paradise I could visit again and again!
Bermuda is located off the coast of South Carolina, some distance away in the North Atlantic Ocean. The island is... more travel advice
A bus took us to the perfumerie where we learned about how perfume was made in the past and present. We were told that... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Bermuda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bermuda - an English outpost"
- "Bermuda ~ The Somers Isles"
- "Bermuda - A snapshoot from an outsider"
- "Let me help you find Bermuda"
- "Bermuda-A Tropical Beauty!"
- "Bermuda, beautiful in Every Way...."
- "BERMUDA - I'll be back, dammit!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bermuda
- Hotels in Bermuda
- Transportation in Bermuda
- Nightlife in Bermuda
- Restaurants in Bermuda
- Shopping in Bermuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Bermuda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bermuda
- 18 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Bermuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bermuda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue