"Oahu--Exquisite beaches and Ethereal landscape" Oahu by VeronicaG
Oahu Travel Guide: 4,311 reviews and 10,832 photos
Our 7 1/2 hour flight from DFW to Honolulu seemed to stretch on forever, but in reality it was a brief jaunt from the busy Metroplex to Hawaii's ethereal landscapes.
The first day would be spent adjusting to the five hour time difference. In spite of this, after unloading our baggage at the Hilton Prince Kuhio Hotel and settling in for a few moments, we felt re-energized and grabbed a cab to Kahana-moku beach.
This beach fronted The Hilton Hawaiian Village, where assorted restaurants and great shops made visiting a multi-faceted experience. Visitors could enjoy the calm beach, sip a glass of wine, shop for souvenirs and enjoy a pleasant meal by the ocean. We visited this area several times during our visit to Oahu. If you are traveling with children or teens, I would highly recommend lodging here.
During our vacation to this lovely Pacific island, we booked a few guided tours, used cabs to reach our selected sites and took the opportunity to rent a car to experience parts of Hawaii located further outside Waikiki and Honolulu. Driving along the narrow roadway with the Pacific Ocean lapping on one side and looming mountains on the opposite side made for an exhilarating experience.
Since our hotel was only a few blocks from Waikiki's popular Kalakaua Avenue, we enjoyed many evenings in this exciting district. There was a definite contrast between the upscale shops and familiar restaurants to the souvenir stands, street musicians and silver painted 'statue men' that lined the avenue, as well.
Oahu, with it's cloud shrouded mountains, gorgeous beaches and historical sites was a glorious place to vacation. We hope to return to visit some of Hawaii's other islands, for we have lost our hearts here.
We encountered an amazing sight as we drove through the mountains on the eastern side of the island. A thread-like trail... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Oahu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "O'ahu ~ “The Heart of Hawai‘i”"
- "Captivating Oahu"
- "Oahu: Home Sweet Home in Paradise"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Oahu--Exquisite beaches and Ethereal landscape"
- "The Gathering Place..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oahu
- Hotels in Oahu
- Transportation in Oahu
- Nightlife in Oahu
- Restaurants in Oahu
- Shopping in Oahu
- Warnings and Dangers in Oahu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oahu
- 54 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oahu
- Posted in Travel Chile Forum "Re: Family in Chile"
- Wrote a Review Traveling by Trolley about Train / Trolley / Tram in Oahu Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Bus Goes Everywhere!"
- updated a Oahu Travel Page "Oahu--Exquisite beaches and Ethereal landscape"
- Commented on one of bryINpoland's Oahu travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue