"CURICO--Chile's Wine Country" Curicó by VeronicaG
Curicó Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Miguel Torres is located in the Maule region of Chile in Curico. When traveling to Chile we always plan to stop to purchase wine if we're any where near this location when traveling the Pan American Highway.
Miguel Torres winery has a pleasant wine room and absolutely wonderful restaurant. See THINGS TO DO. The grounds are pretty, with a koi pond and plenty of shade under which to park your car.
A security guard will greet you at the entrance, then you slowly drive up a short dirt road passing grape vines and outbuildings.
My husband and I prefer white wines, so we recommend Miguel Torres Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay (which is aged in oak barrels). The Rose is excellent and so is the Pinot Noir.
We've purchased olive oil processed by the Torres winery on prior stops, but this is seasonal. Our son buys several bottles of grape juice for the children each time he pays a visit and this can only be purchased on location for $2.75 per bottle.
Our shopping list this time included: a Brut Pinot Noir (7.030 pesos); Chardonnay Reserva (4.990 pesos); Santa Digna Sauvignon Blanc (3.690) and Santa Digna Rose (3.264 pessos). **$5.000 pesos is approximately $10 U.S. dollars
Wine is less expensive when purchased at the wineries directly. There was no tour at this winery.
- Pros:Wine country; good prices!
- In a nutshell:We make it a point to stop here!
Whenever we drive through Curico, we stop at The Miguel Torres Winery. There is a restaurant on the premises and a nice... more travel advice
VeronicaG's Related Pages
Curicó Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Curicó
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Curicó?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curicó
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Worth Intro, 79 reviews, 198 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dallas Intro, 67 reviews, 182 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Intro, 80 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Orleans Intro, 61 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Intro, 47 reviews, 138 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 59 reviews, 120 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 54 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Fe Intro, 51 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 57 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 41 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue