"Hepburn Springs - My first VT Meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs by cassiejoy42
Hepburn Springs Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 167 photos
Saturday afternoon I was pretty excited. Butterflies were flying around in my stomach doing loop-de-loops. I was off to my first VT meet and I was nervous but excited.
I drove to Hepburn Springs from Geelong - not a bad drive - it takes about 50 minutes.
My VT Eyes were taking photos of scenery as I was driving - I told myself I would take lots of photos on the way back as I was in a hurry to get to Hepburn Springs and meet everybody. (On the way back the memory card on my camera was full so I didn't get to take all the photos that I said I would - but there is always another day.)
I arrived at Hepburn at about 5.30 pm and rocked in to the Red Star Cafe only to find that I was an hour and a half early. Tea was booked for seven. So then I went for a drive to find Anne (Anne12) and woke her up from her nap - she was worn out from being a tour guide since Friday evening.
Anne and I chatted and got to know each other a bit - we had never met before. At seven o'clock pm we headed to the Red Star Cafe and people started to arrive.
We had people from Melbourne, Melton, Geelong (me), Wales (UK), Sydney, Hepburn Springs, and Williamstown.
We had a lovely meal followed by much revelry and laughter, photo taking and getting to know each other. Some people had met at previous VT meets and some people had never met anyone before. Andrea (holidayjunkie) is from Wales and she fitted our VT meet in to fit with her holiday and tour of Australia. She is a great person with many funny expressions that made me laugh "Fab" and "bollocks" amongst her expressions.
Anne is well known in Hepburn Springs and I believe she spends a lot of time at the Red Star Cafe. The employer and the employees of the Red Star Cafe all know her well and Anne seems to know many of the locals who come in to the Red Star Cafe.
Anne also took many of us tourists out to another one of her favourite haunts "Lavendula Lavender Farm". This photo shows Anne relaxing at the tea rooms at the Lavender Farm. This was taken on Sunday - some people had already left from the Red Star Cafe after breakfast.
At Lavendula Lavender Farm there are lots of paths and garden beds you can walk along.
At the Lavender Farm we saw lots of flowers (mostly lavenders but many other varieties too), llamas, geese, donkeys, and a shetland pony. There was also an artists residence but that was closed when we visited.
The tea rooms are very nice and all the food and drinks are served fresh - made on the premises.
- Pros:Hepburn Springs - we just scratched the surface
- Cons:bush, forest, peace, calm, serenity
- In a nutshell:When you wake up in Hepburn Springs the only noise you will hear is the wildlife
Hepburn Springs is so pretty. The home where I stayed was at the top of a gully full of trees. Andrea (holidayjunkie)... more travel advice
At the Red Star Cafe you feel right at home. The staff are friendly, the food is great and the service is... more travel advice
cassiejoy42's Related Pages
Hepburn Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What to do and see in the Hepburn Daylesford Area."
- "Part of the Spa Capital of Australia."
- "The VT meet in Hepburn...."
- "Hepburn Springs - A Glimpse into Anne's Life"
- "Hepburn Springs - My first VT Meet"
- "Hepburn Springs"
- "VT MEET AT HEPBURN SPRINGS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hepburn Springs
- Hotels in Hepburn Springs
- Transportation in Hepburn Springs
- Nightlife in Hepburn Springs
- Restaurants in Hepburn Springs
- Shopping in Hepburn Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Hepburn Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hepburn Springs
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hepburn Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hepburn Springs
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: Another Woman's Man"
- Commented on one of aussiedoug's Hepburn Springs travel pages
- updated a Hepburn Springs Travelogue "Hepburn Springs VT Meet"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hepburn Springs VT Meet"
- Wrote a Review Living in the Bush in Hepburn Springs Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Hepburn SpringsSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geelong Intro, 30 reviews, 146 photos, 5 travelogues
- Corio Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- State of Victoria Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anglesea Intro, 3 photos
- Sydney Intro, 2 photos