"Hepburn Springs - My first VT Meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Hepburn Springs by cassiejoy42

Hepburn Springs Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 167 photos

Hepburn Springs - the Red Star Cafe

Saturday afternoon I was pretty excited. Butterflies were flying around in my stomach doing loop-de-loops. I was off to my first VT meet and I was nervous but excited.
I drove to Hepburn Springs from Geelong - not a bad drive - it takes about 50 minutes.
My VT Eyes were taking photos of scenery as I was driving - I told myself I would take lots of photos on the way back as I was in a hurry to get to Hepburn Springs and meet everybody. (On the way back the memory card on my camera was full so I didn't get to take all the photos that I said I would - but there is always another day.)
I arrived at Hepburn at about 5.30 pm and rocked in to the Red Star Cafe only to find that I was an hour and a half early. Tea was booked for seven. So then I went for a drive to find Anne (Anne12) and woke her up from her nap - she was worn out from being a tour guide since Friday evening.
Anne and I chatted and got to know each other a bit - we had never met before. At seven o'clock pm we headed to the Red Star Cafe and people started to arrive.
We had people from Melbourne, Melton, Geelong (me), Wales (UK), Sydney, Hepburn Springs, and Williamstown.
We had a lovely meal followed by much revelry and laughter, photo taking and getting to know each other. Some people had met at previous VT meets and some people had never met anyone before. Andrea (holidayjunkie) is from Wales and she fitted our VT meet in to fit with her holiday and tour of Australia. She is a great person with many funny expressions that made me laugh "Fab" and "bollocks" amongst her expressions.

Anne - Hepburn Springs

Anne is well known in Hepburn Springs and I believe she spends a lot of time at the Red Star Cafe. The employer and the employees of the Red Star Cafe all know her well and Anne seems to know many of the locals who come in to the Red Star Cafe.

Anne also took many of us tourists out to another one of her favourite haunts "Lavendula Lavender Farm". This photo shows Anne relaxing at the tea rooms at the Lavender Farm. This was taken on Sunday - some people had already left from the Red Star Cafe after breakfast.

The Scarecrow and Miss Annie

At Lavendula Lavender Farm there are lots of paths and garden beds you can walk along.
At the Lavender Farm we saw lots of flowers (mostly lavenders but many other varieties too), llamas, geese, donkeys, and a shetland pony. There was also an artists residence but that was closed when we visited.
The tea rooms are very nice and all the food and drinks are served fresh - made on the premises.

• Pros:Hepburn Springs - we just scratched the surface
  • Cons:bush, forest, peace, calm, serenity
  • In a nutshell:When you wake up in Hepburn Springs the only noise you will hear is the wildlife
  • Last visit to Hepburn Springs: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2005

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2006 at 2:20 AM

Hi Cassie, what alot of pages you've done! You're close to gold star!(like me)Lesley

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2005 at 5:52 PM

I've finally checked out your Hepburn page. Nice pics. Why do I always have to be a clown???

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 1:48 PM

Thanks for the info on Hepburn Springs. I hope we can meet again at the next one... maybe a Geelong meet!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 5:11 PM

Wow Cassie!! I'm laughing and crying at the same time!! And extremely jealous!! Just love your write up. Hepburn is definately on my list of places to see next May!! Looking forward to meeting up too!! Hugs, Ann :o)

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 9:36 AM

looks like a nice little place

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 8:16 PM

great pages Cassie

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 3:25 PM

Great tips and pictures!! I love the one of Anne & the scarecrow! :D

• ancientmariner's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 5:48 AM

You sure do need a car to get the best out of a visit to Hepburn Springs. Enjoyed the enthusiasm in your writing Cassie & also your photos of the dinner meet.

• GeminiKerry's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2005 at 6:20 AM

Hi Cassie. I see a photo of my husband (Doug) at the VT meet. Looks like you enjoyed your weekend at Hepburn Springs. Doug says he'd like all of us to visit here. Do you think it's worth bringing the kids?

• Nov 27, 2005 at 11:12 PM

I look worse than the bloody scare crow!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

cassiejoy42

“Life is what we make it - travelling extends our realms and borders”

Badges & Stats in Hepburn Springs

Have you been to Hepburn Springs?

Latest Activity in Hepburn Springs