"Warrnambool, Wind, Sand, Sea, Surf" Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool by cassiejoy42

Warrnambool Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 138 photos

Wild winds and great beaches

We lived in Warrnambool for five years.

It was great to lie in bed at night and go to sleep with the roar of the ocean in the background. We lived about five minutes drive away from the ocean.

This picture is of the front beach. When the tide is right you can walk across to the island and look for fairy penguins in their nests.

Warrnambool is a nice city characterised by winds and roundabouts and pubs. If you need to find out where to go the locals use the pubs as landmarks - bad luck if you are not a drinker or don't go to the pubs.

Warrnambool is a great tourist destination.

• Intro Updated Oct 9, 2005

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 10:06 AM

Nice pics. I'm afraid I missed Geelong on my way down the ocean road to Warrnambool, should have stopped a while, it looks nice. Warrnambool was a nice little place.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 9:47 PM

Didn't get this far across all those years ago when I was surfing the west/south coast from Lorne to Apollo Bay. Would love to bring my girls here.

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for the tips! I know we drove through here, but I can't remember much about it! :) We will have to go back and look around a bit more!

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 10:00 PM

Wow, this looks like a great place to live! I can't imagine leaving there....

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 6:02 PM

Hmmmmm I don't think I've ever heard of echidnas??? I'm gonna have to Google it!! hahaha

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 12:12 AM

Ciao Cassandra, great page and place!!! Ciao

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 3:42 PM

looks like a great place. added to the list for a visit to oz - one day

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 5:29 PM

There's nothing better than being by the beach, Cassie. What you say about feeding the emus...we say the same thing about feeding Annie :-)

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2005 at 5:19 PM

I've seen what happens when the emus get excited! -best avoided :) Lesley

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 12:19 AM

Warrnambool looks a nice little place, is it close to geelong?

cassiejoy42 Used To Live Here!

cassiejoy42

“Life is what we make it - travelling extends our realms and borders”

Badges & Stats in Warrnambool

Have you been to Warrnambool?