"Ponce" Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce by bsfreeloader
Ponce Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 227 photos
With a population of just under 200,000, a rich history, well preserved colonial architecture, and a reputation for fun, I had high expectations for Ponce. Those expectations were dashed almost upon arrival, but, admittedly, I never gave Ponce much of a chance. I arrived on a Sunday afternoon, and the city center was like a ghost town. Things livened up a little with a live concert, but the place continued to give off a strange vibe that its best days were long behind it. Expectedly, things wound down early Sunday evening. As I walked around the following morning, I was disappointed to find the city still lacked any kind of buzz or the type of energy typical of a proper city. So, after visiting a few of the main attractions in downtown, I hit the road and headed for the southwestern corner of the island.
Built in 1836, the Catedral de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe is another iconic symbol of Ponce. The striking... more travel advice
bsfreeloader's Related Pages
Ponce Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pearl of the South"
- "Ponce - Puerto Rico's "Pearl of the South""
- "Lovely City of Ponce"
- "diver-x's Ponce Page"
- "Ponce the lordly city"
- "La Perla del Sur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ponce
- Hotels in Ponce
- Transportation in Ponce
- Nightlife in Ponce
- Restaurants in Ponce
- Shopping in Ponce
- Warnings and Dangers in Ponce
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ponce
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Ponce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ponce
Top 10 Pages
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 102 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 26 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 19 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos