"Nida" Nida by bsfreeloader
Nida Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 258 photos
Within spitting distance of Russia and smack dab in the middle of the Curonian Spit, Nida is the usual base for exploring the Lithuanian half of the spit. A former fishing village, it’s now fairly touristy but still a nice place to chill out and relax for a few days. The sand dunes don’t justify the “Sahara of the Baltics” hype, but there is much more to the area than just sand dunes. There are extensive pine and birch forests to explore, and hanging around town is a good way to meet Lithuanians and experience a summer holiday the way Lithuanians do.
North of Nida and just a couple kilometers south of Juodkrante there is an easily accessible heron and cormorant... more travel advice
bsfreeloader's Related Pages
Nida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nida - Sand dunes and pine forests"
- "Nida in Curonian Spit National Park"
- "Sea and Sand"
- "The most unique and magical place in Lithuania"
- "Nida - a nice beach resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nida
- Hotels in Nida
- Transportation in Nida
- Nightlife in Nida
- Restaurants in Nida
- Shopping in Nida
- Warnings and Dangers in Nida
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nida
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Nida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nida
Photos in NidaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 102 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 26 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 19 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos
Latest Nida hotel reviews
- Nidos Smilte
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 14, 2011