"Saint Martin" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Martin by bsfreeloader
Saint Martin Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 249 photos
St. Martin makes up two-thirds of the two-nation island of St. Martin/Sint Maarten. At a mere 37 square kilometers, the island is the smallest island in the world ever to have been partitioned between two different nations. And while the boundary separating the two countries may be imperceptible, the differences between them are readily apparent. The French side oozes a sophistication and elegance completely lacking on the Dutch side. It is very French, with numerous bakeries selling ridiculously cheap baguettes and pastries and an equal number of gourmet restaurants serving foie gras and other typical French “delicacies.” While English is widely spoken, French is the primary language. And, while there are plenty of American tourists, the bulk of the tourists are French. Compared to the Dutch side of the island, the food is better, the beaches are better, and the atmosphere is less chaotic. If nothing else, it reminded me that when a French girl says, “au revoir,” there is no sadder goodbye.
Dubbed the “Culinary capital of the Caribbean,” Grand Case is without question the best place for dining on St.... more travel advice
Located two miles west of Sandy Ground and within walking distance of Marigot (if you like long walks), Baie Rouge is... more travel advice
bsfreeloader's Related Pages
Saint Martin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Martin"
- "Two flavoured island."
- "Orient Beach!!!"
- "Our St. Martin Trip 2005!"
- "Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles"
- "St. Martin"
- "St Martin - A little European. A lotta Carribean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Martin
- Hotels in Saint Martin
- Transportation in Saint Martin
- Nightlife in Saint Martin
- Restaurants in Saint Martin
- Shopping in Saint Martin
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Martin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Martin
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Saint Martin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Martin
Photos in Saint MartinSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 102 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 26 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 19 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos