"Caye Caulker" Caye Caulker by bsfreeloader
Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 474 reviews and 940 photos
Caye Caulker is a great place to go to relax. The island is approximately six miles long and a half mile wide, and it takes less than a day to take it all in. The island has about 800 residents and they are all laid back. The island motto could easily be, and very well could be, "No shirt, no shoes, no problem." The streets are made of sand, there is virtually no vehicle traffic, and everyone moves at a snail's pace. During the day, while lounging in a hammock and watching the frigatebirds and pelicans whirl overhead, it’s hard not to imagine being lost in prehistoric times. In the evening, if you stand down wind from just about anywhere, you are likely to get a good whiff of marijuana. If you crave a pulsating nightlife, five-star accommodations, glamorous shopping, or sandy beaches, Caye Caulker is not for you. But if you want a laid back place with friendly people and reasonably priced food and accommodations, where shirts and shoes are optional, Caye Caulker just might fit the bill.
Tina's is a well-run hostel, which attracts an ever-changing collection of travelers. Other guests complained of... more travel advice
No trip to Caye Caulker is complete without going snorkeling with the nurse sharks and southern stingrays at Shark Ray... more travel advice
bsfreeloader's Related Pages
Caye Caulker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something different under the sun!"
- "Caye Caulker - Ya Betta Belize It!"
- "I Miss Caye Caulker Already"
- "RELAXING IN PARADISE"
- "Caye Caulker"
- "Laid Back"
- "Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caye Caulker
- Hotels in Caye Caulker
- Transportation in Caye Caulker
- Nightlife in Caye Caulker
- Restaurants in Caye Caulker
- Shopping in Caye Caulker
- Warnings and Dangers in Caye Caulker
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Caye Caulker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caye Caulker
Photos in Caye CaulkerSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 102 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 26 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 19 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos
Latest Caye Caulker hotel reviews
- Maxhapan Cabanas
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Caye Caulker Condos
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- De Real Macaw
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Costa Maya Beach Cabanas
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Yuma's House Belize ( also known as Tina's Backpacker's Hostel)
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Mara's Place
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Tom's Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Tropical Paradise Hotel & Restaurant
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Diane's Beach House
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2010
- Seaside Cabanas
- 317 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Auxillou Beach Suites
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013