"Hoi An" Hoi An by bsfreeloader
Hoi An Travel Guide: 819 reviews and 1,764 photos
Hoi An’s main claim to fame is its great shopping opportunities, especially its tailor-made clothes, shoes, and bags. But the town offers much more and is probably Vietnam’s most pleasant urban experience. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the town features unique architecture blending Japanese, Chinese, European, and Vietnamese influences. In its heyday, Hoi An was one of the major trading centers in Southeast Asia. It also served as the gateway through which Buddhism and Christianity were introduced to the Vietnamese. Today, it’s more or less a place where tourists go for dirt-cheap tailor-made goods and art. But even if you aren’t much of a shopper, the architecture, food, and people watching are enough to keep you entertained for at least a few days.
Located four kilometers from Hoi An, Cua Dai Beach is easy to reach via bike or foot. The beach doesn’t compare to those... more travel advice
Even if you don’t want to pony up for a ticket to visit the historic sites, you can get a taste of Hoi An’s history just... more travel advice
bsfreeloader's Related Pages
Hoi An Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Embodiment of Vietnam: Hoi An"
- "Hoi An 22/3/08 to 25/3/08"
- "A charming piece of History"
- "UNESCO HERITAGE Site..a Vietnamese HIGHLIGHT..."
- "The old town of Hoi An"
- "A living museum - Hoi An, Central Vietnam"
- "Vietnam's Living Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoi An
- Hotels in Hoi An
- Transportation in Hoi An
- Nightlife in Hoi An
- Restaurants in Hoi An
- Shopping in Hoi An
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoi An
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoi An
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Hoi An?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoi An
Photos in Hoi AnSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 30 reviews, 102 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 26 reviews, 84 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 19 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saba Intro, 17 reviews, 56 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 14 reviews, 54 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 45 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos