"Waipio Valley" Waipio by triplehelix
Waipio Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 42 photos
Waipio Valley may not look like much on the way in but once you get there, you may never forget such a sight. From Honoka'a on the highway, you drive about 9 miles to get here. Be very careful driving to as you will encounter falling branches and strong winds.
If you look farther off in the distance, you can see Maui on a good day like this one!
- Pros:Beautiful wonder of Hawaii
- Cons:Dangerous winds and hard to access
There are a few stops along the way to get information on the area. Just follow the signs. more travel advice
One of the few remaining places in Hawaii to see a black sand beach, Waipio Valley has a nice stretch of almost unused... more travel advice
triplehelix's Related Pages
Waipio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waipio Valley"
- "...Waipio Valley..."
- "Horseback ride to top of Waipi`o - Sept 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waipio
- Transportation in Waipio
- Restaurants in Waipio
- Warnings and Dangers in Waipio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waipio
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Waipio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waipio
Photos in WaipioSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 55 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Puako Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Kawaihae Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khirbat Serjilla Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akaka Falls State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ninole Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaupulehu Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Qasr `Amrah Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos