"Connecting East to West" Saddle Road Junction by triplehelix
Saddle Road Junction Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
Saddle Road may be off limits to you if you're driving an economy rental. Most companies won't let you drive their cars on that horrible road. Fortunately, the state has begun a massive and expensive renovation project aimed at bridging east and west Hawaii. Portions of the road are under construction at the moment with only about 6.5 miles of it completed and in use. A large portion of the road was closed off and re-routed making the commute much much faster. By 2009, visitors, residents, and commuters like myself will be able to get to and from each side faster and with ease. No more long coastal route commutes for me!
The problem is, there are no stop points along the way if you want a refreshment. There's a big military installation called Pohakuloa (Long Rock) at the mid point and besides the Mauna Kea cabin park, there isn't much unless you're looking to go up to the summit or just gaze at the scenery.
Here's my car at the park, I was tired and on my way home and nearly fell asleep so I stopped and rested. I was the only one here for some time other than the maintenance workers. Nice and cold too, perfect for a quick rest.
triplehelix's Related Pages
Saddle Road Junction Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saddle Road Junction
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Saddle Road Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saddle Road Junction
Photos in Saddle Road JunctionSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 55 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Puako Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Kawaihae Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khirbat Serjilla Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akaka Falls State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ninole Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaupulehu Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Qasr `Amrah Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos